Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: OT: A lot of you have ego problems.

[ QUOTE ]
You are missing the point. The point of these forums are to learn. Go to the MTT forums. Everyone is quick to help out a new player. Here all you guys say is "you are stupid" "Your ROI is a lie" " HAHA you are only beating the 10s". All of you have to realize people come here to learn not to be bashed by the likes of you. Who the hell are you guys anyway?? A bunch of wannabe pros. Maybe one or two of you make any significant money but the rest of you I highly doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you feel you are entitled to free help? Maybe you should post some.

Lori
Old 10-21-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Poker players have egos? The [censored] you say!

[/ QUOTE ]

You are missing the point. The point of these forums are to learn. Go to the MTT forums. Everyone is quick to help out a new player. Here all you guys say is "you are stupid" "Your ROI is a lie" " HAHA you are only beating the 10s". All of you have to realize people come here to learn not to be bashed by the likes of you. Who the hell are you guys anyway?? A bunch of wannabe pros. Maybe one or two of you make any significant money but the rest of you I highly doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to think the STT forum dishes out some 'tough love'.

When we say 'your ROI is a lie' we are almost always correct. Not that you are lying about your ROI, but that you're running good/bad and it will even out in the long run.

Most of the things that seem mean to you are reality checks that you need to go through. The fact is, a lot of posters really do make a whole lot of money playing poker. They are not wannabe pros, but real pros. Many of them post here to keep their game sharp or just to be nice (and some because they like 100s of people sweating their nuts). Since they are usually doing you (not you specifically, but any young player) a favor by responding to your posts, you should grant them a little bit of understanding. They may not always take the time to say things in the nicest way possible.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:06 PM

This board is my place of enjoyment in between playing. I think you have a problem, you need to lighten up a bit too bud. There are a lot of posts that do benefit the players and a lot of posts that are started that just don't belong. (i.e. this one)

So basically you have told everyone to [censored] off even the mods. I hope you enjoy ur time. I have to get back to playing.

Seth
Old 10-21-2005, 05:07 PM

Seriously man, I wouldn't sweat it. The value add provided at this forum far out-weighs the hurt feelings. If you ignore the hate and take in the discussion (agree or disagree), you'll be a better poker player. That you can count on.

Oh, and OP of the "Coaching" post had to know he was going to get flamed or he isn't paying attention.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously man, I wouldn't sweat it. The value add provided at this forum far out-weighs the hurt feelings. If you ignore the hate and take in the discussion (agree or disagree), you'll be a better poker player. That you can count on.

Oh, and OP of the "Coaching" post had to know he was going to get flamed or he isn't paying attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to add that in posting "It may not be the most accurate of plays to fold your AA preflop" in several different polite ways soon gets old, and it's much more fun to offer the same advice but in a more interesting [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] manner.

As others have said, the advice still gets offered.

Lori
Old 10-21-2005, 05:11 PM

YES SIR!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2005, 05:13 PM

Please, I play less tables for less money than most of the people here and I have never had a problem with civility or not being helped.
Maybe it's because I don't start ridiculous threads
-zing!-
Seriously though, why do you care?

P.S. I am pretty wonderful though.

Edit: I just saw your other post in the MTT forum. C'mon, give it a rest.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:15 PM

WTF???

Dude, Not to brag, or say that I am a valuable poster...but, when I started reading here about a year and a half ago, I made sure to read all I could for the first 3 months before I even registered. Not because I was afraid of how a bunch of random people would treat me if asked dumb questions, but because I had nothing to add or ask that wasnt already here. I was a LOSING player before 2+2...I will, NEVER, be a pro...I know that, and that's fine because I have a job and went to grad school for it etc...But, I win, and I am close to 100% sure I am winning player (SNGs and MTTs only) at lower stakes (read $30 and below). I would never be able to say this without having come to 2+2 STT to stay...talk to people as you would if they were in the room with you and you will get the same in return. Internet forums are a bit creepy in what they bring out in people, but they are very useful. Dont get high and mighty until you have been here for at least 3 years...(which will also tend to prove whether you are a winner or not).
Old 10-21-2005, 05:53 PM

"S.T.F.U." - You're outa your element
Old 10-21-2005, 06:01 PM

For the same reasons as you I waited six months before joining the forum. During that time I found out what roi was, got the aleomagus guide etc. The point being, I did my homework and have never been given a hard time about a post.
Closed Thread