Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 10-19-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Re: What a Lot of Rakeback Affiliates Look Like To Me

[ QUOTE ]
the point of said union would not be strictly rake related. Also the point of it would be that affiliates would NOT be well paid. If it was set up corectly, not much work would be involved and i would be willing to donate my time to it (and im sure others would too)

im not saying your evil and greedy, or that any other specific affiliate is. But they way it works now is that you have to have money to make money, and its at the expense of the player too often.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but you sound like a clueless liberal (or a commie) with the "it wouldn't be that hard" idea. It would take a TON of work to do this correctly. Whenever you have a lot of people all under one hood, naturally leadership needs to be put in place, otherwise it's a huge clusterfuck of miscommunication, frustration, etc. The "leadership" is going to have to work his/her/their ass off. That won't last for long on a pro bono basis. They're going to want compensation. Thus, you're left with a new affiliate.

That's how unions work. Union members (often) benefit, but the union leaders do pretty well for themselves.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the point of said union would not be strictly rake related. Also the point of it would be that affiliates would NOT be well paid. If it was set up corectly, not much work would be involved and i would be willing to donate my time to it (and im sure others would too)

im not saying your evil and greedy, or that any other specific affiliate is. But they way it works now is that you have to have money to make money, and its at the expense of the player too often.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but you sound like a clueless liberal (or a commie) with the "it wouldn't be that hard" idea. It would take a TON of work to do this correctly. Whenever you have a lot of people all under one hood, naturally leadership needs to be put in place, otherwise it's a huge clusterfuck of miscommunication, frustration, etc. The "leadership" is going to have to work his/her/their ass off. That won't last for long on a pro bono basis. They're going to want compensation. Thus, you're left with a new affiliate.

That's how unions work. Union members (often) benefit, but the union leaders do pretty well for themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha a commie? you cant be serious.

I think that this idea would be possible given that some people would be willing to put some work in. I think in the long run it could save quite a bit of money. The big affiliates take a LARGE percent of your rakeback as it is now. (when you get say 28%, they are taking around 7% of your rake, give or take).

I would be willing to do a lot of "cheap" work. Im sure others would too. If we got like 200-1000 players, <1% or even a flat fee per player would be worth the rakeback work IMO.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:52 PM

Bluff,

You always amaze me with your sage thoughts.

I am fairly new to the game - started playing low limit earlier this year. I am one of those players you speak of who could benefit from rake back to help subsidize my “tuition” as I learn the game. I had signed up with Party long before I knew what rake back was. I signed with another site after I knew about rb. It does help (I don’t play all that much). But, like you say - the tables are limited on other sites.

I just wanted to let you know your thoughts are always appreciated by me. Good post(s).

RJT