Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 11:32 AM

Default Re: OT: Thinking out of the box and about players and situations

Look you act as if ICM and reads are mutually exclusive which is the complete opposite of the case. You use your read on someone to put him on a range, then you use ICM to see if you can call/push. I am not sure how you are saying 'ICM tells you this without knowing anything about the opponent', because it does not.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:34 AM

rockythecat vs stanzee for the huc ii championship
Old 10-17-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Look you act as if ICM and reads are mutually exclusive which is the complete opposite of the case. You use your read on someone to put him on a range, then you use ICM to see if you can call/push. I am not sure how you are saying 'ICM tells you this without knowing anything about the opponent', because it does not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let 'em go tigerite. We can't help them all.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:36 AM

Ok first off do you have ICM when you play live??? No you don't. That is one thing maybe for you guys not so much if you live far awya from AC or LV but I live close to AC. And have made it my priority never to use those things because I won't have them at my disposal during live play. On a side not there is a juicy 50 dollar sng 500 dollar first prize at the taj in AC if anyone is interested. During live play obviously you can see the person but the betting patterns are the same live or online.

You guys are too dependent on your little gadgets and not enough on your own ability to read betting patterns or people. Do you think when a real pro plays he is thinking well my ICM calculations say this or that?? They probably have never even used this. If your ICM crashes then what are you crippled???
Old 10-17-2005, 11:39 AM

Harrington is not advocating a cookie-cutter ABC approach to poker. If people are trying to follow his advice to the letter as if it's a recipe, they have missed the main objective of his book - which is to help players THINK about situations before they make their play.

I suspect Harrington would give you an atta-boy for recognizing situations and taking advantage of them despite the cards in your hand.

BTW - when you end your post "flame away" don't be surprised when you get flamed.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW - when you end your post "flame away" don't be surprised when you get flamed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Ill make sure to leave that out next time [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 11:41 AM

are you serious?

the sngs at the taj start with 20xBB, and the blinds raise every 15 minutes (in LIVE play). this isn't exactly what I call juicy, no matter how bad the players are.

also, most people don't use ICM in the middle of a game. they take interesting situations, during their downtime, and run it through, to see what the most profitable action is, so they will know for next time. if you can't see that doing that is obviously helpful, then you're just not thinking it through.

although at this point, you seem like you don't want any help. hell, you won the 40k guaranteed -- you MUST be one of the greatest players on this forum. after all, no one without a ton of talent can win a poker tournament. good luck, and i'm sure we'd all feel honored to be the recipients of your next pearl of wisdom.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok first off do you have ICM when you play live???

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't use it when I play online either. It's for post-play studying.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think when a real pro plays he is thinking well my ICM calculations say this or that??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Maybe not specifically referring to SNGPT. But yes.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And have made it my priority never to use those things because I won't have them at my disposal during live play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, we don't have ICM at our disposal during on-line play either. It's used away from the tables as a means of working on your game...
Old 10-17-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are you serious?

the sngs at the taj start with 20xBB, and the blinds raise every 15 minutes (in LIVE play). this isn't exactly what I call juicy, no matter how bad the players are.

also, most people don't use ICM in the middle of a game. they take interesting situations, during their downtime, and run it through, to see what the most profitable action is, so they will know for next time. if you can't see that doing that is obviously helpful, then you're just not thinking it through.

although at this point, you seem like you don't want any help. hell, you won the 40k guaranteed -- you MUST be one of the greatest players on this forum. after all, no one without a ton of talent can win a poker tournament. good luck, and i'm sure we'd all feel honored to be the recipients of your next pearl of wisdom.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off about the taj yes I am serious. Its profitable for me so I don't know aobut you. Second I have never proclaimed myself above any of you. I have said that I am a winning player which is true and I am sure most of you are too. I just said that everyone here just uses computer tools and books as the end all be all of poker when poker IS NOT AN EXACT SCIENCE. Every hand can be played differently with positive results. But i am done with this post because it seems like YOU don't want any help.