Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 12:02 PM

Default UI overs against donkbet?

Villian is 19.2/4.8/1.28

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ?
Old 10-16-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: UI overs against donkbet?

I let this one go. His stats don't indicate this is often enough a bluff. If he has a pair, even assuming you have 6 good outs, you don't have odds. If it's a semi bluff (i.e., a flush draw or straight draw), there are a lot of cards that can beat you and the pot is small.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:24 PM

Nice TPA HU. Ever seen him fold to a flop raise in a situation like this, or does he hang in? Depending, I probably just dump it here, in this small pot.

An alternate line I might take here, against a Villan with these type stats is to just check preflop, and then either bet or raise the flop with UI overcards...just move the steal from preflop to flop.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:49 PM

My mainproblem with raising preflop and then just folding to a flobbet HU everytime is, that even normally unobservant opponents will notice that and will frequently bet me when I raised preflop.

I see this happening alot now at the Party skins.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:52 PM

You dont really have outs in the ordinary sense. However sometimes villain will check the turn. Effectively giving you the double amount and quite often villain will give you 2BB if you hit on the turn. These things combined is imo enough for a call.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:53 PM

Fold. You've got 1.5 outs for the BDSD + 2*1.5 overcard outs so you don't have odds to draw if behind. Given villans stats a bluff is not likely so I think you can safely fold here.

Now I'm gonna check what a good player would do. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 04:54 PM

I can't let this one go, villain is a TAG, if he's smart he knows that you're going to do a continuation bet heads up if he checks, he should go for a check raise if he hit top pair. Instead he bets out on a board that doesn't have any face cards. I'll call this because I'm going to say that I have at least 1 BB in implied odds from him if I hit my jack or ace, so we're getting 7:1 to call on the flop, good enough for 6 outs(I count the aces and jacks fully because this is heads up, he should be betting out with any piece of this board and some other times if he thinks he can induce a fold). Add to this that folding heads up on the flop after a PFR might induce people to take unexpected shots at us and that we'll sometimes get to see the river for free, this is an easy call IMO.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold. You've got 1.5 outs for the BDSD + 2*1.5 overcard outs so you don't have odds to draw if behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's some pretty serious discounting of our overcard outs. Spiking an A or a J is quite likely to win the pot, even if it comes as a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I'd say (completely unscientifically) 5 outs for our overcards.

We still don't have odds to draw, and i doubt we're getting much in the way of implied odds if an A comes, so i (reluctantly) vote for folding the flop.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:36 PM

My standard play here is call the flop bet and fold the turn UI.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:38 PM

with BDSD you have just enough odds to peel one off.