Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Dear lord in heaven, I hope this is true.

If the OP in THIS thread is just pulling our collective leg, I will hunt him down and kill him, then sell his family to a sweatshop in the Phillipines.

What he says makes sense though. Why on EARTH would the other sites allow this? I'm sure there was some kind of contract, and the skins would obviously understand their own mortality should they be fully de-linked. This would be similar to McDonalds saying you can no longer use any of their suppliers for food. The more I think about it, the more I think that this is truly a technical problem, and not a wholesale attack on skins. Sure, they may get same of the players back, but the ill will fostered will easily outstrip that, I think. They are already printing $$$, why would they do something like this? Ok dumb question. Cash corrupts, but still, I can't imagaine PP can just pull the plug on partners.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Dear lord in heaven, I hope this is true.

honestly.. i think they CAN just pull the plug on their partners.. but god dali i really hope that post is true. holla
Old 10-08-2005, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
honestly.. i think they CAN just pull the plug on their partners.. but god dali i really hope that post is true. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the contracts. I'm betting this ends up in court if they really are splitting off skins. That or the skins agreed to this before hand.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:16 PM

I don't think this is a war against the skins, nor a technical problem. I think this is a war against rakeback.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:19 PM

I would have presumed it was a legal requirement for each skin/site who are listed on the stock market to make some sort of announcement to shareholders before making a move like this?

The more I think about it the more I sway towards either some sort of technical problem or an ongoing dispute that will hopefully be resolved very soon
Old 10-08-2005, 09:21 PM

RIP, rakeback
Old 10-08-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the OP in THIS thread is just pulling our collective leg, I will hunt him down and kill him, then sell his family to a sweatshop in the Phillipines.

What he says makes sense though. Why on EARTH would the other sites allow this? I'm sure there was some kind of contract, and the skins would obviously understand their own mortality should they be fully de-linked. This would be similar to McDonalds saying you can no longer use any of their suppliers for food. The more I think about it, the more I think that this is truly a technical problem, and not a wholesale attack on skins. Sure, they may get same of the players back, but the ill will fostered will easily outstrip that, I think. They are already printing $$$, why would they do something like this? Ok dumb question. Cash corrupts, but still, I can't imagaine PP can just pull the plug on partners.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait.. are you saying during this blackout that Party worked but the skins didnt???
Old 10-08-2005, 09:42 PM

So is the issue quality of play? I haven't really had too much trouble 4 tabling the 22s. Can someone smarter than me (not difficult to find this person I'm sure) explain to me how this will effect me. I play eurobet so that I can get rakeback. Some mentioned this is an attack on rakeback. Please explain this to me as I am a little slow on the uptake for this one.

Straight Flushes,

SAM
Old 10-08-2005, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RIP, rakeback

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my God! They killed rakeback!
Old 10-08-2005, 10:10 PM

You will stil lget rakeback, as long as you relaize 7 out of 10 players at your tables will now be multitabling winners. So the games will get extremely tough. Holler

Out.
Closed Thread