Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Kid on a leash

So I was eating lunch a little bit ago, look up and see this lady, nicely dressed in a suit, leading her 3ish year old son on a leash, attached to one of those little harnesses. I could possibly see some validity to this approach if you are climbing rocks, or navigating a narrow trail through quicksand, but at Einstein bagels?

The kid seemed fairly normal, was trying to play with the kid at the table over, but obviously was hampered by his tether.

Now, seeing this spectacle I couldn't help but feel pity for the child and contempt for the bitch who'd put her kid through this. Maybe this kid had a history of running away from her and getting lost and what not, but if you can't control your child without a harness you really shouldn't be breeding? Agree, disagree?

Swede
Old 09-30-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Kid on a leash

[ QUOTE ]
So I was eating lunch a little bit ago, look up and see this lady, nicely dressed in a suit, leading her 3ish year old son on a leash, attached to one of those little harnesses.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first time I read this as 31ish.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:06 PM

I'm gonna guess you either don't have children or weren't a wanderer growing up.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:07 PM

Not her fault. She's very involved in her own life, and can't possibly be expected to pay enough attention to that thing on the leash to ensure that it doesn't run into traffic or anything. That would entail putting the cellphone or the paperwork down, or taking her mind off herself long enough to acknowledge the existence of another human being.

People like this make me sick, in case you didn't guess.

I think it's rather silly. I once worked with a woman that was leashed as a kid. She grew up to be a very outgoing, attention whore, artist wannabe type. She seemed happy enough though.

I don't know. My puppy's better behaved than most peoples' kids and I have to keep him on a leash.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:08 PM

Punch her in the face. Cut the kid loose and watch him roam free.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's rather silly. I once worked with a woman that was leashed as a kid. She grew up to be a very outgoing, bondage loving whore, artist wannabe type. She seemed happy enough though.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 09-30-2005, 03:15 PM

I'm gonna say that all of you, and I'm saying this without exception, every last god damned one of you if a filthy [censored] and I'm glad that you're in such a high and mighty position as a bunch of [censored] overweight, out of shape, poker nerds on a [censored] internet message board that you can criticize the way a woman raises her children.

You should all be [censored] ashamed of yourselves.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna say that all of you, and I'm saying this without exception, every last god damned one of you if a filthy [censored] and I'm glad that you're in such a high and mighty position as a bunch of [censored] overweight, out of shape, poker nerds on a [censored] internet message board that you can criticize the way a woman raises her children.

You should all be [censored] ashamed of yourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]
So... you're pro-tether?