Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe the stacks are too shallow to pull this move. If we both had 1500 behind, calling with KJ against a TAG is definitely not a no-brainer.

Once he checkminraises, my hand loses all value and may as well be T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Some sort of K is his most likely holding, and I have to decide whether I think I can push him off a weak K or should just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

So then you basically acknowledge that his check-minraise can't be a bluff? Im glad things worked out for you and all, but in general I don't think pushing in order to move your opponent off trips is going to work nearly as often as you're gonna get stacked. If you knew this specific player THAT well, go you.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:23 AM

Default Re: LAG hand I guess

If I knew he had a King I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER try to bluff in a million years, except without one hell of a read. I really doubt he folded KJ, I think AJ is more likely imo. If I had KJ, I would never fold this in a million years (with those chip counts). From villians perspective, I would just put other person on AA or AQ or even KT- and decide that he wasn't too worried about losing just a few more chips and would just pay off .

I think if villain actually folded KJ, you are the luckiest player in the world.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Re: LAG hand I guess

[ QUOTE ]
On checking the turn....

Lets say villain is almost always going to lead the river if you check this turn. How much are willing to call against this kind of opponent (borderline TAG as you said). Pot at 285.

A non Ace river and villian leads for 175. Your action? Baring no read I vote fold.

Why call/fold? This is the bulk of the question as these actions will be the most common, but a small % of the time...
Anyone push? Baring no read this seems terrible, but I'd be happy to be enlightened.

edit - making push an acceptable option what kind of hand would you put villain on?. I'm also an idiot and messed up pot size, fixed now.

[/ QUOTE ]

On river decision, by checking turn, you pretty much are obligated to call ANY bets on a blank river (although if a 9 hits, you should feel less likely to call), because he could be value betting a worse queen or a missed straight draw (JT or AJ or AT).