Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Hand 1 from Stars 11+R

With only 30 seconds to evaluate this, I think you have to fold because:

1. You figure that you are only slightly ahead of the reraiser's range given how tight the table has been playing.
2. The big stack's presence sweetens the pot enough to justify gambling with the reraiser but doesn't sweeten it enough to go broke with your own big stack in 10th when he (the other big stack) does have a real hand.

Given more time to run the numbers, it might be a push, but I think it's going to be slightly +$EV at best.

Later,
Che
Old 08-17-2005, 03:57 PM

i think you're significantly ahead of the 3bettor's range, but the presence of the opener is what makes this tough.

i would be inclined to call.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:09 PM

excellent fold I reckon. You have plenty of chips to keep nicking people's blinds at least once a round and not take on hands like this. I hate having an open raiser that covers me sitting behind. Although I haven't actually made it this far the big 10r since the new blind levels were introduced so am not sure how tight it gets at the end with them in. When they used to stop at 20-40k (now that i've written that i'm not sure its right???) then over 1m chips always made me feel pretty comfortable...
Old 08-17-2005, 04:13 PM

My guess would be that one of them has a pair, while you dominate the other one(most likely the reraiser) but are gonna stuck 1 more of your outs against the pair. With a nice stack, I think I would make the tough fold and pick up all the little pots in future opportunities.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you're significantly ahead of the 3bettor's range, but the presence of the opener is what makes this tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm leaning towards a call/repush here as well. soprano is opening a lot of hands here, as is the 3-bettor (although I think we can assume he has a hand, but quite a few we dominate.)

w/ the blinds, antes, and soprano's "dead" money in the pot, we have a nice overlay and I think we're ahead of the 3-bettor. While I'm ignoring Soprano's hand here, the odds he has AA/KK/QQ are pretty low and he knows JJ's over the top push means signifigant strength.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:22 PM

If you were SB, what hands would you jam to t-sporano's button raise? My guess is a pretty wide range (compared to your usual re-raising standards vs the button)
, and one that AK has strangled. I don't know your read on the SB play, but I would think that AK has his range in trouble often enough to make this a call.

I cant help likening this hand to the WPT hand where Hellmuth raised the button, Antonio jammed from the SB with Q5, and the BB folded AQ.

In your AK case, im calling here a lot lot more times then folding
Old 08-17-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm leaning towards a call/repush here as well. soprano is opening a lot of hands here, as is the 3-bettor (although I think we can assume he has a hand, but quite a few we dominate.)

w/ the blinds, antes, and soprano's "dead" money in the pot, we have a nice overlay and I think we're ahead of the 3-bettor. While I'm ignoring Soprano's hand here, the odds he has AA/KK/QQ are pretty low and he knows JJ's over the top push means signifigant strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im re-pushing this for most of the same reasons that were just stated. There is dead money from someone that could be opening with anything, and an over the top push will knock out the opening raisor unless he has what ... QQ+ ? right around there.

Im pushing.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2005, 04:37 PM

Hero pushes.

If t_soprano folds hero gets 1.6:1 in the pot and its an easy push.

t_soprano's range has to be huge here to 3XBB with 3 players left act. I think it would be difficult for t_soprano not to respect hero's push as one of the best few hands even if he was getting 2.2:1.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:56 PM

I would also push here. The reraiser only has 10BBs and would probably do this with AJ and AQ enough to make this profitable, plus there is plenty of dead money in the pot. Factor that in with the fact that you are going for the win and can take a coinflip for about 900k, I would push. If you win you'll have 200k, if you lose you'll have 50k. I would repush here and not worry about Tsoprano.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:12 PM

I remember this hand when it came up and wondered what was going on with the time out. Boy, tough situation. Such a pretty hand 5-handed.

Without getting into a lot of math, I'm leaning toward a fold here as well. I think it is more likely you are in a coin flip situation as I'm not even sure he would be pushing here with a hand like AQ. Given that you've got a pretty comfortable stack and are clearly outplaying the rest of the field I think you can lay it down.