Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 08-17-2005, 11:11 AM

Default How\'s my line?

Party 30/60 9 handed Villain is 26/11/.09

Hero is UTG+1 with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero open raises, Villian 3 bets and we're heads up.

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I check/call

Turn is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I lead, Villain raises, I fold

Here is my thought process. If an Ace or King flops I can safely check fold. Since the flop is fairly raggity I may be good here, but I don't like check raising the flop because too many guys will 3 bet with overs so you're not learning anything by CR the flop. Now when I lead the turn and get raised by a villian with low aggression I can safely lay my 88 down.

Thoughts?
Old 08-17-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: How\'s my line?

When a player with a .1 AF bets the flop, he probably does not have overcards. If he bets the turn, he CERTAINLY does not have overcards. I think you do much better to check the turn and fold if he fires again, and probably do better still to fold when he fires the first bullet on the flop.

Also note that with an AF this low, he is not laying down overcards to your turn bet. He has to do a lot of calling postflop to get the AF that low.

Good luck.
Eric
Old 08-17-2005, 11:47 AM

the line is good.

you want him to call if he has overcards. you want him to call even more with his overcards if he will call the river unimproved.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:56 AM

I don't like donk betting the turn. It's just so... donkey.

I think if you lead the flop and are raised by this passive opponent you can safely lay down then and save $30.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the line is good.

you want him to call if he has overcards. you want him to call even more with his overcards if he will call the river unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have been given tremendous information that he does not have overcards. So while you may gain some when you take this line and he has them (a fraction of a bet), you lose much more when you take this line and he does not (nearly a full bet). Since his AF is SO LOW, his flop bet already tells you that he does not have overcards very often. Therefore, betting and folding is worse than checking and folding.

Naturally, if he checks behind on the turn, you put him on overcards and bet most rivers.

my 2 cents.
Eric
Old 08-21-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the line is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

i gotta agree here w/ the fact that its very unlikely he has overcards. i like a check and fold on the turn.

-Barron