Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 08-14-2005, 02:18 AM

Default Re: I\'ve had it; Time for the ACTUAL allin every hand HU4T study.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
johnnybeef wrote:
never in my life have i met someone who wines as much as you....get a life. seriously. i think i speak for the entire forum when i say that you should leave these forums asap.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is up your ass?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's mad that I didn't give him a reacharound last time in LV, but I'll punish him GOOD this time; sandpaper condom and tweezers to pull a backal hair with each thrust.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:19 AM

...I am strongly considering doing this as well, considering I suck at hu. A 10/14/12 distribution makes me sad, so I just might start oushing once we get ot level 8+.It couldnt hurt...at least not too much.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:24 AM

Initial results.

12 sng's played
4-1 HU4T 22413 total chips starting
975 W
4242 L
2490 W
6119 W
8587 W

This definitively proves pushing every hand is MUCH better! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Funny too tho, that the 1 loss i had, I pushed 4242 into a 200 blind with J6o, and got called by JTo and lost..... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Also, quick adjustment to the strategy: I will not start pushbotting unless it is 200-400 or higher, or I am below 10x BB. Pushbotting at 75-150 is not just dumb, it's RAPTOR dumb.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
johnnybeef wrote:
never in my life have i met someone who wines as much as you....get a life. seriously. i think i speak for the entire forum when i say that you should leave these forums asap.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is up your ass?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's mad that I didn't give him a reacharound last time in LV, but I'll punish him GOOD this time; sandpaper condom and twezzers to pull a backal hair with each thrust.

[/ QUOTE ]

oooooh, thats too bad.....i just had my back waxed yesterday. maybe ill take some hair growth pills to encourage growth by the first, cuz, that sounds like too good of an op for me to miss out on.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
johnnybeef wrote:

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is up your ass?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's mad that I didn't give him a reacharound last time in LV, but I'll punish him GOOD this time; sandpaper condom and twezzers to pull a backal hair with each thrust.

[/ QUOTE ]

oooooh, thats too bad.....i just had my back waxed yesterday. maybe ill take some hair growth pills to encourage growth by the first, cuz, that sounds like too good of an op for me to miss out on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you kidding? In two weeks, your back will be as hairy as Eskimo Clark's face.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I would rather watch yer cat watching paint dry over growing grass than play 5+1's,

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!

[ QUOTE ]
and plus, the strategy isn't too far from optimal in most cases anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on what's too far. It's your money and your games, of course. I just try to make as much money as possible when I play.

Not that you should care, but I don't really find this experiment so fascinating. Are you doing this just for fun or to let off steam, or do you think that something more or less useful is going to come out of this experiment?

[ QUOTE ]
No need to worry about me donating.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't. Good luck with the games. Too bad I won't be getting heads up against you... Although your strategy probably is tougher to beat than the average $55 donks' [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2005, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
johnnybeef wrote:

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is up your ass?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you kidding? In two weeks, your back will be as hairy as Eskimo Clark's face.

[/ QUOTE ]

now dali, you are making skipper jealous with all of this "hair talk"
Old 08-14-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you doing this just for fun or to let off steam, or do you think that something more or less useful is going to come out of this experiment?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take all of the above, Chuck.

P.S. I am going to abstain from a request...

[ QUOTE ]
[01:33] JohnnyBeef: puhleeeeeeeeez tell me you are about to get into a flame war with chuck norris

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

AH, the old days. My fans must miss me....
Old 08-14-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dali,

Not grumpy, I'm actually quite interested in your experiment, but I want to know how it's going to be different this time, so when I follow along from my armchair, I'll know what I'm following. (I wouldn't like it to be like that time I tried to watch cricket and couldn't figure out the rules.)

a) could you tell us how you're going to decide if you call a push or what you do against either a raise or a complete?

b) could you tell us if you're going to consider doing the push every hand no matter what strategy at any point?

c) so this time you're not tracking the chips? or what? you're going to actually play 100? i'm still confused about what's the difference.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

A. I will use my normal crappy strategy for calling pushes and deciding to raise vs completes, etc. which is get in with the best hand, and lose.

B. I did abridge my strategy a bit after discussing it with Fiery and will be pushbotting ONLY if I have less than 10x BB or the blind are 200-400 or higher.

C. I tracked the chips last time too, both cumulative and singly, although I never did post the single chip results.

To clarify, last time, all I did was play normal strategy and track my results and starting chips counts. I SAID I would pushbot if I didn't like my results, but never ended up doing it, (or needing to)

THIS time, I am pushbotting with the caveats stated, and posting the results and initial chips counts, for 100 HU4T's, and posting my results.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:44 AM

d,

cool. good luck. and i agree that waiting for either the 10xbb or the 200/400 level is very reasonable. i think though that you should also modify it so that if you are >10bb at <200/400 with your opponent at <10bb you should push every hand. just seems nice and symmetric that way. i dunno.

going to sleep,

citanul