Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Luv2DriveTT is right [AC trip non-report / Showboat review]

I'll take the over.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:30 PM

I remember a few 2+2ers buying 8-10 racks of white for the Magoofest in Vegas last June. I only bought four and looked short stacked at my table.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:32 PM

If I was playing 3/6, I'd buy in for two racks of 1's - WTF is up with the 5's -

RB
Old 08-05-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember a few 2+2ers buying 8-10 racks of white for the Magoofest in Vegas last June. I only bought four and looked short stacked at my table.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were there? boy.... my memory is shite! Who played at your table? Was this at the Wynn?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I was playing 3/6, I'd buy in for two racks of 1's - WTF is up with the 5's -

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, after it dawned on me how really out of hand the 5s had gotten, I started doing this. Of course this allowed me to play "banker" for the rest of the table. Some people thought this was really humorous, and I grant that I'm a bit of a control freak / ADD type, but it also had the legitimate benefit of saving the dealer time counting out chips. Of course I would end up with stacks of red anyway through playing banker and winning pots, and a couple of times I ran them back to the cage to buy a new rack of white. Yah, i'm a nerd.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Speaking of being a nerd, I forgot to mention that I managed to acquire each of the Borgata chip colors up to $100 on Wednesday (1/5/10/20/25/100), even I'm nowhere near the $40/80 and $80/160 games where the 10s and 20s usually play. (I kept the $10 as my newest card holder; I like blue chips becaues they don't look like anything playable at Foxwoods.) As long as you buy whole stacks of 20, they'll sell you whatever you ask for.

Oh, and speaking of overbuyins -- I saw a guy headed to a new $80/160 game with four or five racks of yellow ($20). Must be nice to be able to afford that game....
Old 08-05-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You were there? boy.... my memory is shite! Who played at your table? Was this at the Wynn?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this was MGM. I was playing with Evan, Peter, Nate, Bugstud, Meteron and a few others. I was at the Wynn the rest of the time.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of being a nerd, I forgot to mention that I managed to acquire each of the Borgata chip colors up to $100 on Wednesday (1/5/10/20/25/100),

[/ QUOTE ]
You're forgetting the pink chips. Guy at the 10/20 was using one as a chip cover the other day. I prefer purples for chip covers myself (grease will vouch for this :0)
Old 08-06-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this was MGM. I was playing with Evan, Peter, Nate, Bugstud, Meteron and a few others. I was at the Wynn the rest of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at the Wynn almost the whole time as well. I gotta see a photo, that might jog my memory.

Old 08-06-2005, 01:45 AM

White shirt giving the gay peace down sign. Whatever the [censored] that is.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:27 AM

that is a GAY photo - has homoeroticism all over it...

strangely I find myself wishing I was in the limo [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RB