Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Dirtypokertricks.com? Is this for real?

Was playing at party today when I saw some spam for this site. Went there and saw this:

http://dirtypokertricks.com/party_poker_med.jpg

Looks like it shows you what everyone has and what cards are coming up. Seems like this is impossible. My bet is that its a scam or a virus or something. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 06-22-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Dirtypokertricks.com? Is this for real?

Looks like the general public has finally gotten their hands on the log8 pattern mapper... not good news.

cubs
Old 06-22-2005, 08:41 PM

Think about it. If anyone could predict the cards, wouldn't they keep it a secret and make millions for themselves rather than make it public and probably have it shut down?
Old 06-22-2005, 08:42 PM

I'm convinced. It's on sale only until July 5, 2005, which doesn't throw up any red flags.

From the T&C about the 30 day money back guarantee:
2. You must provide hand histories from at least 7 days showing more than 200 real money poker hands to verify your poker playing techniques. Dirtypokertricks.com will be the final say in determining if you used the Dirty Poker Tricks system correctly.

**** Sorry, Mr. Dumbbutt, but we have determined that you did not use our system correctly. We are now using your 50 bucks to fund illegal drug rings in Columbia.

Have a nice day.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:51 PM

All the sarcasm and joking aside about the fact that this is just an obvious scam, I often wonder if eventually someone is going to write a plugin for poker, say for pokertracker or something (something like gametime+), that on the side, scrapes your screen, and sends the hole cards to a central server, or steals your party poker password, etc. etc.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All the sarcasm and joking aside about the fact that this is just an obvious scam, I often wonder if eventually someone is going to write a plugin for poker, say for pokertracker or something (something like gametime+), that on the side, scrapes your screen, and sends the hole cards to a central server, or steals your party poker password, etc. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, pokermods.com.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:58 PM

that's a screenshot of my favourite poker hand simulator that you can download free from its designer at geocities.com/TheTropics/Cove/6357/programs.html

i've often recommended it in these forums - try it and you'll love it! - i must have used it (offline!) almost every day for a couple of years to check what beats what and by how much, make charts, etc - if you download it, and i suggest you do, read the "About", and remember to click and drag the cards - it is far, far better than the online ones

(the screenshot is a total fraud in the context it is shown, as you will see immediately you input one set of hands - it is the results page of an input set of hands, it is not showing any cards that you did not enter on the calculations page)
Old 06-22-2005, 09:51 PM

ya thought it had to be a scam, just double checking
Old 06-23-2005, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think people don't do this already?
Old 06-23-2005, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think people don't do this already?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure its done already, but I meant in a plugin that becomes large scale and mainstream. Something akin to GT+ or PV.