Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: What do you think of this hand?

IMO, I would just call the 3-Bet flop.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:56 PM

So what if lose an extra bet in this huge pot. Raise the turn; put the money in and hope for the best.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:04 PM

I think this looks like an interesting hand and a big pot which you won on the river. However without any reads on any of the players I find it difficult to interpret some of the bets.

For example when the BB 3-bet the flop, that suggested to me that he might have had 2 pair or a set, and would have encouraged me to call down the rest of the hand. However from the way the hand played out, I can see that he was probably pumping a draw.

I also found it a bit scary, when UTG+2 woke up on the turn with a bet when the A fell. I imagine you raised to try to find out whether you were ahead or behind and that this gained you some extra bets from the drawing hands. Am I correct that you would have either folded or called down to a 3-bet from UTG+2?

PF and river play looked straightforward.

By the way I saw your post in the high stakes section, and I was wondering if you had had any success in encouraging your friend to read SSH? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2005, 04:30 PM

My thought after this hand was, that the river is maybe a little more questionable than the turn or flop.

I was pretty sure that BB was on a flushdraw and that he raised for value because he trapped so many players. So I capped.

The turn was imo a fold or raise situation.
If I thought I was behind I would have had to fold, since I wouldn't get the odds to draw to a one outer.
Since the pot was huge I raised to maximise my chances of winning.
At that point I had Ed Miller in my head, telling me that a huge pot is not the right place to "save bets".
I was a little worried about everyone cold-calling, but I figured that someone with a set would raise me and put me on a high PP or AKs or stuff.
I was really glad to see the turn bettor fold.

I was not sure about my riverbet. I didn't really think that someone with a worse hand would call me (e.g. a busted flushdraw) but I thought that they would call me just to see my hand or with any pair.
I would not have folded to river raise. I would have made the crying call.