Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 05-22-2005, 05:19 AM

Default What would you do?

What would you do here, and why?
Until this, it's fine is it?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ?
Old 05-22-2005, 05:32 AM

Default Re: What would you do?

I usually call down and lose to the flush but there is the possiblity that BB has Q2 and you might make a better hand on the river.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:36 AM

Though one, but I say you are beat by a flush here most of the time. If BB plays decent I can't see how this deuce could help him otherwise.

The more I think about it I could find a fold inthere somewhere. But I'm looking forward too see what the more experienced players sugests
Old 05-22-2005, 05:36 AM

I forgot to add that I don't want people thinking they can run me out of a hand with a turn raise. So even if I lose this hand it may save me money down the road.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:40 AM

Fold. BB is telling you he can beat top pair, and there's MP2 to worry about as well.

The pot is offering you 11 : 1, but you don't have enough outs if you're behind. Against queens up, you have 2 outs to win (+ maybe some hidden outs if the board pairs), but one of them puts one more spade on the board. Against a set or a flush you have no outs.

Even if BB has two pair but not queens up, you don't really have pot odds to call, since 2 of your 5 outs to beat this hand put one more spade on the board.

The only reason to call would be if you think BB is raising with a worse top pair than you or bluffing (yeah, right), but then you commit yourself to calling one more bet on the river even if you don't improve.

Looks like you're badly beaten so save your money.

olavfo
Old 05-22-2005, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually call down and lose to the flush but there is the possiblity that BB has Q2 and you might make a better hand on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't let me down now dude! You were on a roll there...
Old 05-22-2005, 05:47 AM

I usually call down in these situations. I probably call down too much. But I think the pot is big enough to justify calling down.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't let me down now dude! You were on a roll there...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you fold here Brad?
Old 05-22-2005, 05:51 AM

BB check-raised after MP called your bet -&gt; I think you should fold
Old 05-22-2005, 06:16 AM

you fold here Brad?

The way this hand came down...yeah. It is pretty easy to see that he has a flush in this spot since the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is going to give him 2-pair just about never.

Even if he could any 2-pair, set or any flush in this spot...we need about 8:1 in a HU spot to call here and then call the river if we improve. The 3rd player in the pot makes things worse for us if he does have two pair since we might outdraw the BB but still lose to a rivered flush from the other guy. But it IMO that we are getting check/raised by a flush way more often then Bayes suggests (there are 45 ways that he can hold a flush and about that many that he can have a set/2pair).

Brad