Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Is this one close?

[ QUOTE ]
3 limper, the CO raises, the button 3 bets and its on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play Party's, but the 15-30 live games I play are loose/aggressive and full of LCC's (Loose Caller Chasers). The big multi-way pots always seem to be dragged by the "how can he call a raise with that hand?"

I've changed my thinking from "This is what can go wrong with this hand.." to "This will win big if it hits. Let's see the flop". ATs is an easy call.

I've decided being a TAG is great, but having a shot at those big juicy pots is a must. Sooted A's are high implied odds hands for the job, as are the middle sooted T9s-87s. Even for 3 bets. Let's see the flop. It has a habit of changing the equity of the hands completely.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:13 PM

Wouldn't this be a close call and fold situation? I'll say 50/50. After the Button 3 bets, your getting close to 4-1 on the flop. The odds on flopping two suited hands on the flop would be 6.5-1, with implied odds your pretty close to getting that if either the limpers or the blind calls.

One bad thing about this is your position. Your in the SB which means if you semi-bluff with a 4flush you might still be raised by the button. You have to play defense in this situation even though your aiming for the nut flush. Hopefully everyone just calls after the Button bets.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3 limper, the CO raises, the button 3 bets and its on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play Party's, but the 15-30 live games I play are loose/aggressive and full of LCC's (Loose Caller Chasers). The big multi-way pots always seem to be dragged by the "how can he call a raise with that hand?"

I've changed my thinking from "This is what can go wrong with this hand.." to "This will win big if it hits. Let's see the flop". ATs is an easy call.

I've decided being a TAG is great, but having a shot at those big juicy pots is a must. Sooted A's are high implied odds hands for the job, as are the middle sooted T9s-87s. Even for 3 bets. Let's see the flop. It has a habit of changing the equity of the hands completely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. I think that in the Party 15/30 game, this is a call preflop. However, it is important to keep in mind that you are looking to flop a flush draw or top two pair, and if you don't, you need to get away from this hand on the flop, even if you catch an ace.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. I think that in the Party 15/30 game, this is a call preflop. However, it is important to keep in mind that you are looking to flop a flush draw or top two pair, and if you don't, you need to get away from this hand on the flop, even if you catch an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

If 2 of the 3 limpers stay in it pretty much an even money proposition.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If 2 of the 3 limpers stay in it pretty much an even money proposition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's be honest here, this is the Party 15/30 game. If you call making it six-handed (and the BB could call and make it 7-handed), all three of the limpers will call 95% of the time. At worst, one folds and two call. At worst.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold and it's not close.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-06-2005, 12:15 AM

If you knew the limpers would all call, then calling is probably ok. In this situation, the combined factors of not knowing if you will be getting enough odds, combined with the fact that you are in poor position to extract the max if you do hit, makes it an easy fold.

If the 3-bettor is extremely loose in 3-betting then it might be close again.