Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 06:40 PM

Default FWIW - Installing Additional Party Skins

People had recently begun to complain about the fact they could no longer sign up for multiple party skins. I was inquiring about this in a former post when MicroBob commented that the rumored death of being able to register with multiple skins was premature.

Anyhow, I went ahead and set up an account with Empire after deleting the Party skin - no problems. Here are the steps I took.

1. CONTROL PANEL - Add/Remove Programs : Delete Party Poker

2. MANUALLY DELETED the PartyPoker folder from "Program Files". Seems that Step 1 didn't catch this.

2. REGEDIT: Delete the HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software-> PartyPoker folder from the registry.

3. REGEDIT: Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE-> Calculator

<font color="blue">In a previous thread there was some debate re: deleting the entire calculator folder or just the UCID key within the folder. I accidentally deleted the entire calculator folder [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] - no ill effects thus far. </font>

3. FIREFOX AND IE: Delete all cookies, cache, and history.

4. SEARCH ALL FILES AND FOLDERS FOR "PARTY". Discovered an entry in PreFetch - C(system drive):/windows/prefetch
Deleted this entry

5. SEARCH THE REGISTRY - for any additional keys relating to "PARTY" - no notable hits.

6. REBOOT - double checked -&gt; all deleted files, keys, etc... remained deleted.

7. INSTALLED Empire with a different email address - didn't even try to use the same addy. Just set a mail filter to send all Empire correspondence to my secondary Poker address Inbox for simplicity.

<font color="blue">All other pertinent info remained the same - name, username, street address, Neteller.</font>

8. REINSTALLED PARTY

9. REBOOTED AND TESTED both accounts - NO PROBLEM

Overkill? Maybe. But it worked on the first attempt. Curious to see if posters who had previously been unable to create an account at another skin will have success with this method - or did I luck out? Either way I'm happy to finally have an account with rakeback for when I'm not bonus whoring. I had created accounts at most other major sites prior to having any clue what rakeback was all about. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Hopefully others will find this helpful.

Wyers
Old 02-15-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: FWIW - Installing Additional Party Skins

Overkill, yes!

Uninstall whatever party skin you have on computer thru the uninstaller, DL the new software, use different email address, confirm acct, reinstall old skins and you should be good to go.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Overkill, yes!

Uninstall whatever party skin you have on computer thru the uninstaller, DL the new software, use different email address, confirm acct, reinstall old skins and you should be good to go.

[/ QUOTE ]
Plenty of folks have reported that this doesn't work, so the above recommendations are much appreciated.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:17 PM

The problem is that many were reporting that this method does not work. At the very least the UCID key needed to be deleted from the registry. However Party seems to have put the brakes on that with a possible software upgrade on or about Jan 11th.
I could have attempted to successfully install the Empire software doing the minimum - but based on recent posts it did not seem likely this would work. I guess I figured I would try the install taking into consideration ALL recent discussion hoping to come up with a solution that would work for everyone (including myself [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )
Old 02-15-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

accidentally deleted the entire calculator folder - no ill effects thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just a note - deleting that 'folder' would never have ill effects. It is not a valid Microsoft registry key. If calc had a registry key it would be in HKLM\software\microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\ or \Windows NT\CurrentVersion\.

Software\calculator is an incorrect spot in the hive,which is what makes it so easy to remember, find, and whack [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 02-15-2005, 09:03 PM

Gotcha. Thanks for the info - and the piece of mind. I was waiting for this erroneous mouse click to come back and bite me in the ass one day. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2005, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gotcha. Thanks for the info - and the piece of mind. I was waiting for this erroneous mouse click to come back and bite me in the ass one day. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Deleting many different things in the registry could. Luckily that isn't one of them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 02-15-2005, 10:22 PM

Thanks for the post..

I tried and I tried to set up another skin account and couldn't do it. I eventually called my Dad and had him set up the skin-account on his computer for me which worked fine.

i didn't know about steps 2 (you have 2 steps 2) and wasn't doing this...just doing the general uninstall via the control panel add/uninstall (step 1).

Didn't even really know how to do steps 4 and 5 but I think I can pull it off/figure it out.

It seems pretty obvious to me from the additional files you had to do and the additional steps you took that party is throwing in some files in different places then they used to...obviously making it a bit harder to install the skin.
But you seem to have solved the puzzle and I've got another skin-account to get to work on.

Thanks a ton for posting this...glad my post inspired you....and glad you set up some rake-back at a skin.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:50 PM

Hey Bob,

Having your father set up an account for you on a clean computer was probably the easiest way to go. I have a wireless network in my home with a clean computer upstairs in my office, so I could have created the account on that box. Guess I wanted to see if I could be done on a system that held an existing Party account.

I'm still not convinced that I didn't simply get lucky. I know it has been hit and miss for other posters. I'm looking forward to a few others trying this method so we can see if it will work consistently.

Take care...

BTW, too late for me to go in and edit... so 2 step 2s it shall remain [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2005, 11:08 PM

On my 2nd computer, I only have Empire installed, and would like to get an account set up at pokernow. Do you know if the steps for removing Empire are the same as Party Poker (just replace the file/folder names with empire instead of party?) or are the registry keys and stuff in a different location?