Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 09-09-2004, 06:07 PM

Default Ho hum?

Thanks, Ed.

Anyone do anything differently?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (8 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 09-09-2004, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Ho hum?

I like it. Hitting a backdoor flush draw is one of my favorite things in poker. Especially when you get called a suckout or fish or whatever.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:15 PM

Looks textbook
Old 09-09-2004, 09:03 PM

Ahhh, I wish the free turn card play always worked so well with an opponent behind me. I really like your play. Betting the turn might've been a little too aggressive and could've opened you up to a check-raise since BB was so eager to cap on the river.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:05 PM

BD flushs are great, but why do they still call you a suckout when they give you a free card as happened to me today?
Old 09-09-2004, 09:40 PM

That's even better. I also like people who slowplay their trips and don't start capping until my pocket pair turns a boat.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:14 PM

Someone once slowlplayed their 2 pair and capped me on the river, when I hit my flush.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:49 PM

Why not bet the turn? Not a criticism -- just trying to learn.

BB might not go anywhere, but if the CO folds, you increase your chances of winning if you spike an A (or even a J), no? Or is it that people feel CO is not likely to fold for one bet?

If BB bet, would you raise?

Thanks,
J.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not bet the turn? Not a criticism -- just trying to learn.

BB might not go anywhere, but if the CO folds, you increase your chances of winning if you spike an A (or even a J), no? Or is it that people feel CO is not likely to fold for one bet?

If BB bet, would you raise?

Thanks,
J.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think a bet here would be justifiable, but the main reason I raised was for a free turn card, which worked here. A bet here is probably neutral or slightly +EV if I can guarantee both callers. I wouldn't raise a bet from BB here, because I don't have enough equity HU for it to be for value.

Rob
Old 09-10-2004, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think a bet here would be justifiable, but the main reason I raised was for a free turn card, which worked here. A bet here is probably neutral or slightly +EV if I can guarantee both callers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello. I'm curious as to how you think a bet would be +EV when, even if you guarantee 2 callers, you'd only be getting 2 bets into the pot for your 1. You're 4:1 to hit your flush and MAYBE you can bump that up to 3:1 if your overcards are good outs. I don't think you'd get both callers on the river when you do hit any of those outs so adding implied odds probably won't change things much.

I think you played it properly.