Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 08-16-2004, 01:21 PM

Default Cardplayer Cruises questions

Hello All,
Has anyone been on one of the "cardplayer cruises" (other than the PPM)?

My extended family is considering an Alaska cruise on Holland America next summer that happens to be a Cardplayer Cruise.

I had a few questions:
1. Overall how did you like it?
2. Is there a lot of stuff for kids to do (ages 3 to teenager)?
3. There will probably be 15 of us going so we will book through one travel agent. If I don't book through Cardplayer cruises will I still be allowed in the poker room?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

AnyAce
Old 08-16-2004, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Cardplayer Cruises questions

There will be plenty for everyone to do since the Card Player people are only about 300 of the total passengers on the ship. (They only take over the whole ship for the Party Poker Million )You must book through Cardplayer Cruises to be allowed in the cardroom. They give you a name tag and that gets you in the cardroom. Overall I went on one last fall and I'm going back this year. The cardroom is very well run with no abuse or profanity allowed. Refreshing change if you're used to AC.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:23 PM

I haven't been on a Cardplayer Cruise yet. I did inquire though them though. You do need to book through them to play in the card room. As far as activities for kids, thats usually a function of the cruise line, not Cardplayer. If I were you, I'd look for a Carnival cruise. They seem to have the most for kids outside of a Disney cruise.

The pricing for a Cardplayer cruise was great. I priced the November cruise through my travel agent and through Cardplayer. Cardplayer was about $100 less for the same cruise.

Joe
Old 08-16-2004, 04:58 PM

Thanks for the info everybody. I will look into it further.

AA
Old 08-17-2004, 01:22 AM

I went on one last year. Had a great time. It's really a no-smoking, no-cursing, laid-back and have-fun week of poker.

I don't know WHAT kids do all week on that boat. When the boat isn't in port, there's not much to do but eat and drink! You won't be sunning by the pool on an Alaska cruise.

That was my first cruise, and if I ever go on another one, it will be a CardPlayer Cruise. Linda, Jan, and Denny do a great job.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:17 AM

I went on a CPC Feb 2001 / Eastern Caribbean and LOVED IT.

Depends what Cruise Line you choose. Typically Carnival caters to young kids and the teenage set. I wouldnt do the European cruises cause that's for the older folks.

3. There will probably be 15 of us going so we will book through one travel agent. If I don't book through Cardplayer cruises will I still be allowed in the poker room?

I would still book through CPC as they have rooms blocked off and can still accomodate your group. I don't know if things have changed since poker has become so popular, but on my cruise there were very few "non" CPC players in the poker room. You might want to call them on that.

NJC
Old 08-19-2004, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello All,
Has anyone been on one of the "cardplayer cruises" (other than the PPM)?

My extended family is considering an Alaska cruise on Holland America next summer that happens to be a Cardplayer Cruise.

I had a few questions:

Thanks in advance for your replies.

AnyAce

[/ QUOTE ]

We did a Card Player Cruise last year. It was by far the best vacation I have ever been on in my life. I'm booked on the Dec 4-11 one now! Can't wait!
Old 08-22-2004, 01:23 AM

Hi,
Thanks for all of the nice posts from everyone about Card Player Cruises. There is a complete children's program on Holland America (the line we are using for most of our upcoming cruises) and also activites to keep them happy and busy. Club HAL is very popular with the kids. You asked about bringing 15 people... That would qualify you to receive one free berth. Hope to see you in the near future. Thanks for your interest.
Best,
Jan Fisher
www.cardplayercruises.com
Old 10-17-2004, 01:07 PM

What level of fishiness can you expect on these cruises?
Old 10-17-2004, 02:03 PM

I took the Alaska cruise last September. The fish were extremely thick in Anchorage but few salmon were being caught.