Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Inside straight and flush draw - suggest a better line.

You don't know which of your opponents are going to put money in.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't know which of your opponents are going to put money in.

[/ QUOTE ]

True but we are 6 handed here, chances are if hero checks he is going to get multiple bettors with this flop. By checkraising this flop you have excellent FE, you often can clean out your flush outs by folding a higher flush draw if one is out there.

You have a great chance of winning a decent sized pot without a showdown or being a favorite in a big pot. Beats betting out on the flop and ending up in Hero's situation or hitting a heart on the turn only to get stacked by a higher flush draw you may have cleaned out on the flop with a push.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:15 PM

betting the flop is what got you into this mess. check/call the flop.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A limped pot with 6 players and you're first to act. You've got a str8 draw that would be nice if the bottom end hit as then you'd make the nut str8. If the 9 hits then you've got the bottom end. With 5 other players limping I wouldn't discount the possibility of someone limping with JTs, or even J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. You've got a flush draw to the low end. Think one of the 5 limpers left to act might have a better flush draw?

I understand that you're a 3-2 favorite to hit your draw, and that's great, but I don't see anything (yet)to indicate that you'll be good if you hit. Sure you can c/r all-in. You can do that with any two. Your comments give me the impression that you're determined to take this pot down.......and I'm guessing you can too. From your description noone call your flop bet.

Unless.........they've seen you do this before. My first thought when I see this move is the player does not want any callers. But, if this is just an occasional move that they haven't seen I'd put you down for a good steal.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, youre scared of JT if a 9 hits? scared of a better flush draw?

im not saying a c/r all-in is good, but you saying that you might as well c/r all-in with any 2 is RIDICULOUS. the point is that even if you are called, you have a lot of outs.

are you seriously only comfortable if you hit the nuts? come on man, thats weak-tight poker.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:24 PM

Given that you got called by the short stacks I don't think your fold equity is high enough to bet the turn. I would just check and hope for a free card or cheap enough card

I knee-jerk reaction to flopping a straight+flush draw is to bet the flop with plans to 3-bet all in. But seeing as there are 6 players to the flop, and 4 still left to act, I am pondering a check/call instead. I definately don't like a checkraise all in, unless it's only against a short stack.

But yeah I'm torn between a bet-3bet and a check/call on the flop. I will do some soul searching...
Old 12-29-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Results.

The shorter stack called and he had T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] heh.

Some random heart came on the river so at least he didn't take it down with Ten high.

I really like the CR allin. Dunno why I didn't do this. This hand becomes MUCH tougher with 100x BB stacks because then CR allin isn't so cool.

Ryan