Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Re: AJo ......help?!?

I'd call the flop checkraise intending to raise the SB on the turn.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise AJo from pretty much well any position >95% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're getting tangential here, but I'm generally pretty meh about raising it from the blinds whe we can't force anyone out. But if it's just me and a single limper then hell yeah.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call the flop c/r
raise the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Catch 22.

How bad does your gut turn when he checks the turn after just calling his flop raise....

How happy are you when he c/raises an entire field, including a preflop raiser on an AQJ board and then follows it up on the turn.....
Old 12-29-2005, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call the flop c/r
raise the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Catch 22.

How bad does your gut turn when he checks the turn after just calling his flop raise....

How happy are you when he c/raises an entire field, including a preflop raiser on an AQJ board and then follows it up on the turn.....

[/ QUOTE ]

if he checks the turn you protect your hand just as good as you do with a flop3bet(re:not at all)

check the raising with a potentially secondbest hand to knock out other players section from HEPFAP, you really want to fold gutshots behind you .. the only way to do that is to call the c/r and raise the turn
Old 12-29-2005, 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call the flop c/r
raise the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Catch 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he checks the turn you protect your hand just as good as you do with a flop3bet(re:not at all)

check the raising with a potentially secondbest hand to knock out other players section from HEPFAP, you really want to fold gutshots behind you .. the only way to do that is to call the c/r and raise the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the concept that I was thinking about when posting the hand. It's one of my favourites in poker. But then I got to thinking...

The concept of raising with the second best hand implies that by raising and knocking out other hands, Hero will increase his equity in the pot and therefore justify/outway the investment/cost of protection.

In this case though, if Hero is behind, he can't increase his equity by knocking out other players.

Should Hero's focus now be extracting maximum value from the other players instead?
What % of the time do we need to be ahead of SB for protection to become our priority?

Thoughts????

I think this requires a lot more thought.