Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-26-2005, 07:36 AM

Default Re: PF raise with QJs?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If by sucks you mean played well, then I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, the river was just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
So are you misreading the turn card and what it does for his hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I misread the hand completely. Sorry.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2. I thought that he called those bets COLD on both the flop and the turn. But he didn't, obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize that Hero has a double gutshot on the turn right? All of the eight outs are probably good, but six are superclean. Hero could have called 4 bets cold.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:58 AM

Preflop: Your hand is good enough to value raise into several limpers whether you posted a blind or not or not...but not worth reraising against the 3bet.

Flop: Can't fold as you're getting almost double the odds you need for your gutshot alone, nevermind the BDFD and slim top pair possibility. Zero fold equity on a semibluff, and a free card raise is more likely to be 3bet than usual, so no need for a fancy raise here. Getting reraised again sucks but the pot is big enough that you have to call.

Turn: Now you have a double gutshot, so you can't fold. You now have virtually no chance to win without a straight, so again no point in doing anything but just calling and trying to see a river as cheaply as possible.

River: Exactly how to play the nuts against people who've been showing strength.

Well played on all streets.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:58 AM

I'm tempted to raise the flop.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:24 PM

You're so lucky lucky lucky
Old 12-26-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm tempted to raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

For value? You have nothing to protect, and I think you're pulling off a semibluff or free card close to never.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:43 PM

preflop and river is fine. still can't see the point in raising the flop, as someone already mentioned there isn't much to protect, you got a gutshot and backdoor flushdraw, so I think you should lean towards pull rather than push, as many callers as possible. turn is OK but I should only have called, it's better to keep people in because the only way to win now is to get a str8 (flush draws will never fold, except small ones and the've already folded).
Old 12-26-2005, 04:00 PM

Nice hand. I can't find any folds. i think the Deranged pf quiz clarified the pf action. Here is a quick hijack question: You post in CO at 3/6, get dealt 24o, and it is folded to you. the button and BB are tight, SB is a fish. check or raise?
Old 12-26-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice hand. I can't find any folds. i think the Deranged pf quiz clarified the pf action. Here is a quick hijack question: You post in CO at 3/6, get dealt 24o, and it is folded to you. the button and BB are tight, SB is a fish. check or raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I suck at spots like this (thus why I post semi-noob PF threads like this one =/ ). I am tempted to check, as my already too high ASB causes many BB TAG's to 3 bet me with as low as k6o now =( .
Old 12-26-2005, 04:58 PM

Nice catch ha [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But I like the preflop raise becase your hand plays well post flop in many situations. You pretty much cant do anything but call on the flop and turn, becuase if you attempt to raise anywhere you may risk getting 3bet which would suck. On the flop you have your backdoor flush draw and your straight draw, so you have to stay in the pot. Turn gives you more straight outs, so once agian you gotta stay in. So yea calling is about all you can do on the flop and turn. River plays itsself. Nice job.