Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 12-19-2005, 09:02 AM

Default HHReview

Hey Everyone...

I saw an idea for a piece of software in the "Software you'd like to see" thread and I went ahead and wrote it. I'm planning on releasing it sometime in the next couple weeks for a nominal fee. Here's the feature set so far.

HHReview -

Hand Replayer- Replays hands contained in hand histories(Party only so far). The replayer also has a stats overlay so you don't have to go looking up statistics to for when you want to post a hand. The stats can be sorted by limit or just summed up as a total. It works for both PostgreSQL and Access PT databases.

Snapshot Function - Allows you to take a snapshot of the hand replayer to send to someone else using the program. The snapshot file contains the action of the hand, and all the statistics from your databases. I see this as great functionality because when someone posts a question about a hand, they can just post their snapshot and you can see everything about a hand instead of just what the person posted.

I'm looking for other functionality people would like to see before I release. Here's a screenshot so far. The numbers are VPIP.

ImageShack
Old 12-19-2005, 09:13 AM

Default Re: HHReview

Good features
---------------

1) Export sessions/snapshots in an anonymous format
2) Only display the statistics the person knew at the time of the hand
3) Add another column on the right that shows the hole cards or something so a user can more easily find the hand they are looking for
Old 12-19-2005, 10:39 AM

Looks great.

Is there a four color deck option?
Old 12-19-2005, 10:55 AM

I'll see what I can do to implement that...

-J
Old 12-19-2005, 10:57 AM

I agree with the anonymous snapshots thing. I'm probably going to implement a similar naming scheme to bison's converter for the exports.

The statistics the person knew at the time of the hand is a little rough due to some things in the PT database (game numbers are sometimes weird).

I am already on my way to implementing the 3rd suggestion.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Snapshot Function - I see this as great functionality because when someone posts a question about a hand, they can just post their snapshot and you can see everything about a hand instead of just what the person posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you considered releasing a free version that can only view the snapshots? This would make it so that someone could post a snapshot and get feedback from people who had not purchased your program. I don't know for sure, but I would imagine that this would actually increase your sales since people could see the usefulness of it even if they just had the snapshot viewer version.

Another suggestion would be to make the background and card images easy to customize. I know you can't include the Party images in your program, but it would be nice if we could add our Party mods ourselves so that it would look roughly the same as wehn we played the hand. Also, on that note, color ranges on the stats would be nice for the same reason.