Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-01-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Offensive Screen Names

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why anyone gets offended by anything that's not personal. My grandparents are the only survivors of two very large families that were taken from Czechoslovakia during the Holocaust. I think AdolfHitler's a funny screen name, and I think that people who get offended by these sort of things haven't thought much about why they choose to live life, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

People like you who it appears that they think that just because they or their family were affected by something gives them the moral right to judge whether or not people should be offended by it really annoy me. Also, your patronising "haven't thought much about why they want to live life" comment is pretty irritating.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:43 PM

played with someone the other day named twatlapper
Old 12-02-2005, 12:22 AM

The people who get offended by these things offend me. I should write someone a letter about my own inability to handle words.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I saw a guy w/ the screen name "AdolfHitler". you think sites should allow this to happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so sorry my screen name offended you. Do you know how hard it is to grow up with that name in this day and age? It took me 20 years to get over the insults, the spit, and the threats of violence before I could live with my name, so I'm sorry if it offends your small minded sensibilities that I can express my pride in the fact that is my name, and that I have NOTHING to do with The OTHER Adolf Hitler, because that is who I am, and will always be.

I'm not changing for anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 12-03-2005, 09:19 AM

Default Seen on PP O8- U4KingJacAce

Old 12-03-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't have the intestinal fortitude to avoid getting offended by someone's screenname then what the hell are you doing playing poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

could you please explain what one has to do w/ the other? id love to hear the convoluted logic behind this.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not very convoluted at all. It is simple emotional control.

If you are offended by someone's screenname you are not controlling your emotions well at all. If you are not controlling your emotions well at all it is going to be difficult for you to play good poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Two words: Phil Hellmuth.

Actually, make that three words.

Phil Hellmuth, [censored]
Old 12-03-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that when sites ask people to change their name the people threaten to leave the site. Money rules. Until people that are offended start leaving the sites that allow people to stay with offensive names it wont end.

[/ QUOTE ]

And thats the reason when I wrote to stars about a hitler reference and picture that they immediately closed their account. They knew by allowing nazi references, they would lose customers, and yes I would walk if they did not change it