Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-01-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Extracting Value Against Obvious Draw

Villian is loose/bad player, likes to call of his money on draw. I'm pretty sure he has a draw here, and if he doesn't he's going to call a push and I'm not getting away from this hand. What's the best bet here? If it's not a push, what's my plan for the river if it -
1. Bricks
2. Kd like card

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

BB ($100.25)
UTG ($172.54)
MP ($186.55)
CO ($213.20)
Hero ($191.50)
SB ($246.10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $2, CO calls $2, Hero calls $2, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $6</font>, BB folds, MP calls $6, CO calls $6, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $35</font>, SB folds, MP folds, CO calls $29.

Turn: ($92) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $2</font>, Hero calls $154.50 (All-In),

Final Pot: $248.50
Old 12-01-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Extracting Value Against Obvious Draw

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is loose/bad player, likes to call of his money on draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

with your read, i like your line. villain's $2 turn bet is most likely says to me, "damnit. my flush didn't hit. maybe he'll just call my donk minbet and give me a cheap look at the river." make him pay for his draw.

--solids
Old 12-01-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

with your read, i like your line. villain's $2 turn bet is most likely says to me, "damnit. my flush didn't hit. maybe he'll just call my donk minbet and give me a cheap look at the river." make him pay for his draw.

--solids

[/ QUOTE ]

Push here isnt bad IMO if you think he will call it. He could have gotten there with 89, but then he stacks me. Alternatively, you could make it like 80 to go (since he will call that bet much more likely), and get the rest in on ANY river.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

--solids

[/ QUOTE ]

Push here isnt bad IMO if you think he will call it. He could have gotten there with 89, but then he stacks me. Alternatively, you could make it like 80 to go (since he will call that bet much more likely), and get the rest in on ANY river.

[/ QUOTE ]

how does he stack you with 89?

i like a pot size raise here and barring a horrible river card, get him AI on the river when he's committed
Old 12-01-2005, 03:20 PM

I probably just raise the pot here...he's likely to fold to the push but he's bad enough to probably call a pot sized bet, even though if he hits the hand he won't win enough to make the call correct...that's typically how I play it.