Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-17-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: $55, a slightly different bubble situation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

915 to win 3470 = 26% pot odds.

Not very good three-handed with a very marginal hand that is likely to be dominated.

Plus, the chips you could win aren't worth as much as the ones you could lose.

Pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really feel like coming up with ranges, but:

Against their actual hands, you only have 19% equity.

However change UTG into AQ, and you have 28% equity. Change the 33 into 66 and you have 21% equity.

Intuitively, to me, that means that best case you have slight +cEV and in the worst case you have pretty steep -cEV. This is a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I initially thought based on intuition alone. I haven't run numbers, but I think this is a fold, especially since you are likely better than everyone at the table (i.e. your chips are more valuable so don't waste them on very marginal spots). The problem is you will have one of your cards dominated almost always by a higher pp or a better K and you can have them both dominated a significant amount of the time. SB likely has a pretty good hand here so I think we're dominated one way or the other alot by him and sometimes by UTG. I don't know, I'm not in a mathy mood I just wrote a hard ass forecasting exam, but I'm going to say that I'm all-knowing and you should fold.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $50 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 7 - 4 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
Button: 2930 Chips
SB: 1215 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 4815 Chips</font>
UTG: 1040 Chips

Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Blinds are 150/300

PreFlop
UTG is All-In, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
SB is All-In, <font color="green">Hero .. ?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not read any other responses yet, but I think that you have to fold... your hand sucks. This is not even close to Raptors AQ post... K5 is not AQ. Relatively speaking you don't have much to gain, and you can lose 25% of your stack, and you're in great shape w/ t4800... I fold here... quickly.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is not even close to Raptors AQ post...

[/ QUOTE ]

... the sky is blue... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $50 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 7 - 4 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
Button: 2930 Chips
SB: 1215 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 4815 Chips</font>
UTG: 1040 Chips

Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Blinds are 150/300

PreFlop
UTG is All-In, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
SB is All-In, <font color="green">Hero .. ?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not read any other responses yet, but I think that you have to fold... your hand sucks. This is not even close to Raptors AQ post... K5 is not AQ. Relatively speaking you don't have much to gain, and you can lose 25% of your stack, and you're in great shape w/ t4800... I fold here... quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]When your self proclaimed ITM skill is: "...so I suck ITM" maybe 4800 isn't looking like enough?