Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Jesus was unnecessary

[ QUOTE ]
And P.S., Jesus dying because he didn't clean his room is no less silly than the myriad of other events in the Bible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say it is or isn't silly (although, I am sure you know where I stand there). But, I am saying that your are. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you miss the possibility that you're wrong and there is a god.

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not certain what you mean. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you're new to the SciMathPhil forum. Search on Pascals wager to see why its not +ev.

Briefly, you assume that if god exists then your right about his nature. You may be putting your faith in a god who would rather you relied on reason.

chez
Old 11-04-2005, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I take it you're new to the SciMathPhil forum. Search on Pascals wager to see why its not +ev.

Briefly, you assume that if god exists then your right about his nature. You may be putting your faith in a god who would rather you relied on reason.

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm new here. I haven't searched for the thread. I said, "that's pretty much it." I didn't say my thoughts were an exact paralell. Whether it's +or-EV doesn't matter.

My faith is that the God I believe in wants me to use my brain and all the reasoning power I have. I did. I continually try to.

My reasoning is that I don't have the answers to all the questions. No one else does, either. In their minds they do. So be it. I can accept that. I've had more than just a few doubts and I've screamed at and cursed at my God. I'm not a perfect human being. But I have been and am being, perfectly human. I have faith that's the way He knows I will be.

I've had far too many experiences in my life that cause me to believe in God.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:49 PM

ok, I understood from you post that you didn't see the possibility of god existing and seeing you as worthy of hell because you believed in the wrong one.

[ QUOTE ]
My reasoning is that I don't have the answers to all the questions. No one else does, either. In their minds they do

[/ QUOTE ]
who are these non-religous folk you claim think have all the answers?

chez