Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 12:32 AM

Default A High Stud 8 hand

i'm rusty, so a checkup.

villain probably sees me as slightly LAG but smart and good player. in actuality, he's a lot more laggy than I am and it can get over the top sometimes.

2 questions -- when do you slowdown against an extreme lag like this guy, and what do you think of the bet on the river after he checks?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (9.40 SB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises

5th Street - (7.70 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (9.70 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

River - (9.70 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls

Total pot: (11.70 BB)
Old 10-22-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Re: A High Stud 8 hand

by the way, those who think the 5/10 on party is rocky (i wouldnt know, havnt played there in forever), come on over to stars. VERY juicy lately [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2005, 12:50 AM

"by the way, those who think the 5/10 on party is rocky (i wouldnt know, havnt played there in forever), come on over to stars. VERY juicy lately"

SHHHH! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2005, 12:18 PM

I would probably just call the raise on third street. I'm not looking to play big pots with dead hands. When he caps it and then bets fourth street, I would definitely only call. You're saying you have Queens beaten, and yet he keeps coming. I don't understand the bet on the end. It can't be a bluff, because the other guy isn't folding unless he was somehow monkeying around with something that you beat anyway, and it can't be a value-bet, because you should be beaten.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:23 PM

Probably reads you for a low draw seeing how he backs off on later streets.

Seeing on how he checks the river with 2pair as well I'm not sure I like your bet but on the other hand you definitely don't get raised even by two pair so I kinda like it.