Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Actually...

[ QUOTE ]
Read in "Aces and Kings" about a project of Chris Ferguson's to take one dollar and start out playing micro limit online poker and turn it into 20 grand. This is only briefly mentioned in the book, but I would really like to read more about this. Does anyone know any articles or resources online that detail how this was done or if he succeeded? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this, but not by choice. Three years ago I had to spend most of my bankroll to the point where all I had left for poker was 1 stinking dollar that Stars refunded to me on account of someone colluding against me. (How I got a dollar only is beyond me).

Anyway, so I had that 1$, and entered a 1$ multi-table on Stars. I won 12$ (I was lucky). Then I played a few more of the really small tourneys (1$, 3$) until I got enough to play some 25c blind NL games. While this was going on I played freeroll tourneys at America's Cardroom and won some promotional dollars there. The prizes were usually 50 promo bucks, which I would then take to the .50-1.00 and 1-2 limit games to earn the right to cash them out, and continue building a real money bankroll.

Anyway after a while I had built enough bankroll off of this dollar and the freerolls (which unfortunately no longer exist) to move up to just playing 50$ NL games. Years later that dollar turned into a good bit more than 20 grand and the limits have gone up a good deal too.