Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 08-08-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Go Get \'Em, Tiger

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was bad, much worse than 1, X & X2, and the most recent batman.

I felt like it had gotten too campy/cheesy. I just saw it the other night for the first time as well, perhaps I should watch it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Spiderman - it's SUPPOSED to be campy!
Old 08-08-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I felt like it had gotten too campy/cheesy. I just saw it the other night for the first time as well, perhaps I should watch it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, it's like going to see Sin City and being all WTF? Who says "bum ticker"?
Old 08-08-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This has been bugging me for a while, so I have to come out and finally say it. I beat you at Magic once at a pre-release at NG. I was proud, even though I sucked. I then beat Tsai in the next round. It was awesome. You told me all about fist pumping and stuff. I don't really remember why. Probably cause I didn't believe you were actually that guy on Meddling Mage.

There, I'm done...It needed saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, well I don't believe that you are actually that guy that beat me at the pre-release.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This has been bugging me for a while, so I have to come out and finally say it. I beat you at Magic once at a pre-release at NG. I was proud, even though I sucked. I then beat Tsai in the next round. It was awesome. You told me all about fist pumping and stuff. I don't really remember why. Probably cause I didn't believe you were actually that guy on Meddling Mage.

There, I'm done...It needed saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, well I don't believe that you are actually that guy that beat me at the pre-release.

[/ QUOTE ]

S'ok.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:44 AM

Hilarious.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:46 AM

I'm a big Spider-Man fan, and I didn't think Spider-Man 2 deserved all of the acolades it received. Its okay, but its far from the "perfect" comic book adaptation. I did think the Spider-Man/Dr. Octopus fights were well-done, however.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, and I think it is a fine line that ended up being stupid.

The things that annoyed me: Aunt May hanging on to her umbrella (that was beyond dumb), most of the fight scenes were weak and CGI [censored], spidey-sense is ignored for the most part and used very poorly, and HE LOSES HIS FREAKING POWERS FOR NO REASON. I found that incredibly annoying.

Also, the whole story-line plot was pretty weak, I never felt invested in the Doc as a villian.

I watched it again last night and I give it a completely average meh.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, and I think it is a fine line that ended up being stupid.

The things that annoyed me: Aunt May hanging on to her umbrella (that was beyond dumb), most of the fight scenes were weak and CGI [censored], spidey-sense is ignored for the most part and used very poorly, and HE LOSES HIS FREAKING POWERS FOR NO REASON. I found that incredibly annoying.

Also, the whole story-line plot was pretty weak, I never felt invested in the Doc as a villian.

I watched it again last night and I give it a completely average meh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just want to talk about Spidey-sense. I think it was used perfectly. It was used like...what...once maybe twice? I only know when Doc throws the car at him and MJ is a for sure Spidey Sense going off. It's better than something exaggerated happening like a flash of insight or something. Besides, that car getting thrown at him is awesome, the way he grabs MJ, spins her to his side and then has the wheel almost roll off his face.

Spidey sense isn't going to detect a surprise b-day d00d.

EDIT: Also, I think Raimi had been reading the new Spider-man books (Ultimate, I think...the one where he is a teenager) because I think he tries to deal with more psychological stuff, like the loss of his powers due to angst. I don't know, I liked it.

Also, I liked the Evil Dead tribute with the chainsaw during the Doc Ock surgery part.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But it should detect when he's flinging himself towards Doc and Doc has a his knife-prong thing ready to kill him with. I just hate how inconsistent they make it for the story/action.

[ QUOTE ]
I think he tries to deal with more psychological stuff, like the loss of his powers due to angst. I don't know, I liked it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like it if it was done well. But him feeling "angst" in the middle of fighting a new villian for the first time? I mean, c'mon. Plus the explanation was so weak, etc.

I am not saying that this isn't a good superhero movie (it is drastically better than most), but I feel like they can do much, much better.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But it should detect when he's flinging himself towards Doc and Doc has a his knife-prong thing ready to kill him with. I just hate how inconsistent they make it for the story/action.

[ QUOTE ]
I think he tries to deal with more psychological stuff, like the loss of his powers due to angst. I don't know, I liked it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like it if it was done well. But him feeling "angst" in the middle of fighting a new villian for the first time? I mean, c'mon. Plus the explanation was so weak, etc.

I am not saying that this isn't a good superhero movie (it is drastically better than most), but I feel like they can do much, much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what I just realized...none of this matters...

GO GET 'EM TIGER.

That line, as spoken by Kirsten Dunst, is perfect.