Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 08-08-2005, 05:20 AM

Default Quick Suntanning Question

Hey, I was out tanning on Thursday and caught a decent bit of color (I was outside for probably 2 hours). I got a lot of sun in June, not so much in July and since I recently started dating somebody, I was trying to not be a pale, pasty poker player (ALLITERATION). That said, I was pretty pale before and got a bit of sun burn but nothing too bad, just enough to make me pink in some places instead of brown (specifically on my chest and the back of my legs). I was hoping to go out tomorrow (er...today) and pick up some more color since I'm seeing her again on Wednesday and it'll probably be raining on Tuesday (oh the things I do). Anyway, my chest is still a little bit pink and hurts if I scratch it but not really otherwise.

Question is: do I face any serious injury if I go out at around 1 till like 2:30 or 3 and try to catch some rays?
Old 08-08-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Re: Quick Suntanning Question

if it hurts then ur burned a lil and if u go back out the NEXT day ur just gonna burn more...not tan...u should give it a few days before u go back out again or lay out with some lotion with some sunscreen in it on
Old 08-08-2005, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if it hurts then ur burned a lil and if u go back out the NEXT day ur just gonna burn more...not tan...u should give it a few days before u go back out again or lay out with some lotion with some sunscreen in it on

[/ QUOTE ]

That's basically what I was wondering, if I should get some sunscreen or lotion or oil or something. What do I want and how strong? HELP ME PEACHY.

Also, should I apply it only to the parts that hurt, the parts that are pinkish, or everywhere?

Also note, being red on my chest is fine as long as my face is well-tanned. I don't want to go outside and just lay around in a long-sleeve shirt and pants all day though. And no, walking around all day is not an option (I'm lazy, sue me).
Old 08-08-2005, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PEACHY HELP ME!
Old 08-08-2005, 06:53 AM

Use SPF 30 sunblock, not any of that oil stuff. BTW, don't put the girl on a pedestal. You're wasting two hours just to impress her a tiny bit if any. At least try to exercise out in the sun instead of tanning like a female would. In the long run, playing it cool is your best bet. Good luck.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:03 AM

develop an english accent.

use the words bloke, mate, shag, bird, love, piss and giraffe.

bathe in your pool of pale sophistication.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Use SPF 30 sunblock, not any of that oil stuff. BTW, don't put the girl on a pedestal. You're wasting two hours just to impress her a tiny bit if any. At least try to exercise out in the sun instead of tanning like a female would. In the long run, playing it cool is your best bet. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a matter of impressing her, really. It's a matter of looking good/better. For myself more than anything. Looking good = feeling good = being awesome. Besides, I've known this chick for 2 years. So, I imagine she likes me all considered.

It's actually a lesson for anyone who goes to college wanting a long-distance relationship with their gf/bf from HS. Don't do it. This chick had a crush on me in freshman year but "you (me) had a girlfriend". WTF?