Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 07:53 AM

Default Firing the last shell, standard play?

Villain is LP.
Chip spewing or standard play?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets...</font>
Old 06-28-2005, 07:55 AM

Default Re: Firing the last shell, standard play?

what better hand is folding? what worse hand is calling?

i would check call, unless i thought there was nearly zero chance of this guy bluffing. that way you make a bet off of hands he may have the urge to bluff with but that he won't call a bet with. aaand with this board, there are quite a few hands with which he could bluff the river.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:38 AM

Reasons to bet: He might call with A8o. He might fold AJo (or perhaps A6o, if he thinks your river bet means you must have an overpair; he did, after all, miss his trips/3-pair -- I don't think a loose-passive is folding a pair here very often, though).

Reasons to check-call: He won't call with a worse hand, but he might fire off a bluff if you check to him and he has, say, Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Reasons to check-fold: He won't fold a better hand but also won't bluff very often and won't bet some of his better hands, either.

Anyway, since a better ace isn't really that likely, against a loose-passive, I'd be deciding between check-calling and check-folding. If I'd seen that he'd checked down missed draws a lot in previous hands, I'd probably just check-fold. But I do kind of want to check-call, on such a draw-heavy board.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:49 AM

This isn't standard for me. I think you see A6 or so pretty often here.