Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 10-10-2004, 09:24 AM

Default Two questions from a multitable home game tourney

In a recent 4 table tourney i had two hands come up which i was thinking about after the fact and i am not sure that i made thr corrcet play. i wil lpost the hands and let you know what my thoughts were later.

Hand 1: blinds are 150/300. i have about 2500. The tourney is down to three tables. I got moved to the current table, whihc was a disaster. There were three of teh four biddest stacks at this table of 7, and all of those players were aggressive. plus one of the other short stacks was an aggressive player.

The hand was as follows. I am UTG with 77 and fold.

Hand 2: Same table as above. I am the BB. SB has one of the two largest stacks, about 8000. I now have about 2200. blinds are now 200/400. It is folded to the SB who raises to 900. I go all in with QTo.

Thoughts?

Pat
Old 10-10-2004, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Two questions from a multitable home game tourney

My opinion on hand one is to at least limp and maybe even call a SMALL raise especially if there are a lot of callers. Medium pairs, i believe are great trapping hands if you hit the set. Which btw is all you are looking for. If you don't FLOP the set then your first and only move is to fold. A medium set is one of the hardest hands to put a player on, espesially if your big stack opponents are dead set on knocking you out.

Hand two sounds like you got a little tired of getting pushed around. STAY cool and calm, surely you can get a little better hand than QT to move all in on. Make them draw out on you!