Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Pumping up a big pot on the river without the nuts

Long time, no see.

Moving my money to Bodog, realized that there was $40 left over at Party, so I played with it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I did have a pretty interesting hand come out of it, though.

No notes on anybody, except a player who folded the flop was a complete maniac (but since he isnt in the hand, he doesnt count!)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls.

River: (10.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 22.50 BB

Obv the discussion revolves around the river play. How many bets do you go? Two, three, or four?
Old 12-11-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Pumping up a big pot on the river without the nuts

5 and call a 6.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obv the discussion revolves around the river play. How many bets do you go? Two, three, or four?

[/ QUOTE ]

5 if they let me.

No one expects you bet out with trips on the flop then a full on the turn. BB was being sneaky and is going to get his ass kicked. Cap it as fast as you can.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:07 AM

I'm going to six bets here and folding to a 7th for metagame purposes.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:15 AM

as many bets as I could get. BB played it like he had a flush . Gut him like the fish he is acting like!
Old 12-12-2005, 01:19 AM

grunch...

Anyhow, BB is waking up on the river, which is kind of odd. Maybe he stuck around the flop with big cards and picked up the flush draw on the turn. Or he has been waiting to pounce a monster like A2 or A7. We would expect more flop action tho'. I guess I'd be weak/tight scared by the flush that came in and call his raise.

Afterthought: I'd rather see the hand presented at the river, after we bet and BB raises. I'm like feeling biased after seeing it all.

edit: I'm a total idiot. We have a boat. SPEWWWWWWWWWW.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:43 AM

Looks good to me. I personally love that you bet every street with your set/full house. No stupid slowplaying here and missing alot of bets. Sweet. I would push this river if it was possible.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:51 AM

Okay, glad to see everyone is still smart here. I agree that going as many bets as possible b4 a cap is correct.

Pretty clear )to me anyways) that MP3 had a bare ace, so that leaves BB with some weird holding. Since it's 1/2 I decided to check him up, he had KTs for runner-runner 2nd best hand.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:19 AM

&lt;grunch&gt;
With no reads I like the play, including four betting on the river. I don't think MP3 has the A's full, and perhaps BB was chasing the spade flush.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:23 AM

I'd go to a cap with this hand, but if there was no cap, I wouldn't go on for 15 bets. 14 is my limit.