Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Are the bears a bad 8-3 team?

Ok, I will precede this post with the full disclosure that I am a Minnesota Vikings fan, which isn't as bad as it was 5 weeks ago...

That said, I can't help but think of the 2001 Bears that went 13-3 by being overly opportunistic, then got hammered once they met a real quality team. Mind you, I do think that Carolina and TB are quality teams, but I think they were, again, more opportunisitc than anything else to win those games. Sure, you may think that the Bears D was SO dominating vs Carolina, but the Carolina D gave up the same amount of points off of actual drives. Same thing with TB. Here's something many of you may not know. How many points do the Bears have off of offensive drives in the last 3 weeks?

That's all

They have a total of ONE TD drive the last THREE weeks.

Now, if you want to compare that to the Ravens SB winners, know that at least the ravens could move the ball, and even over the 5 game no offensive TD streak, they were getting a good amount of field goals. The bears have the worst rated QB in the league,(Maas and Baldinger's opinion of him notwithstanding. "That was a big time pass by Orton"...as Muhammad has to jump 3 feet in the air with arms fully stretched upwards for a 15- yard out pattern....) and could, with a couple of things not going their way each game not,(Vasher Td's, Llloyd alligator arms, Simm's fumble and missed FG), they could pretty easily be 0-3 over the last 3. Now you may say that can always be said, and of course, it can be, but these were all game-changing plays in VERY tight games; they can't be counted on to happen all the time, and the fact that if they didn't have them, the Bears likely lose should be cause for some concern for them. Their offense is terrible, even with flashes from the RB's, and I think a QB who can handle a blitz(surprised that Delhomme blew it, really...) can do well against them.

I don't really care for my Vikes chance against them later this year in the dome tho...

Rant over.