Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: On seat selection and table-dependent adjustments.

[ QUOTE ]
Good common sense post. Of course for anyone who has been hanging around here for a while this is as familiar as brushing your teeth in the morning but I am sure the topic is of value to a great many viewers

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I am more likely to use this than to brush my teeth in the morning. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
. But I really don’t mind a table where the players on my right are meh, but the players on my left are super tight. What that effectively says to me is that when it’s folded to me in MP2+, my raising range is HUGE. When I’m in the hijack, I can and often do raise almost any vaguely playable hand (this includes random trash like 97s/86s and good hands like PP’s 55+, suited Aces, most unsuited Aces, lots of stuff basically).

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who didn't read and absorb this passage, needs to. Having those tight players in the blind when you are in late position is free money.

You occasionally find ultratight players in the 6-9% VPIP range. What do you think they defend their blinds with? Right, they don't. If you let them see the flop for free, you are performing an act of stupid charity. Raise it up, and if they call, you know you are in trouble, but they only call about 15% of the time, and the rest of the time you've made 2/3 or 3/4 of a big bet profit. You don't even need to worry about what hand you have, because you are going to showdown so infrequently that none of your opponents are going to see what you have. Either they fold, or you will likely be folding very soon.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:28 PM

I think I've had it totally backwards for the last umpteen thousand hands. I needed this post big time. Thanks!