Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Overplayed KK?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

With an overcard on the board, was I too aggressive with my kings? The moment SB raised on the turn I thought he could be holding an Ace and was afraid that I could have made a flush. Now that I look back at this hand, I'm thinking I should have folded to the SB raise since I'm probably behind in a lot more situations than not. Any other suggestions?

Another hand:
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (15.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB

With the button capping in this hand, I thought I could be against AA, QQ, to TPTK. Would it have been better to fold to his cap-bet or are my range of hands too tight and am I thinking too tight?
Old 07-01-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Overplayed KK?

I want you to ask yourself a question: what is he raising on the turn that you are beating? Turn raises when you are the preflop raiser and there is an A on the board are almost never bluffs at 1/2.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:01 AM

A read would be nice in this situation. But seeing all those folds and then only the blinds coming in, it looks like the usual rockish 1/2.

If I thought SB was a rock I'd fold. If not, I'd call down. I don't think I'd be 3-betting.

Also, since SB checked to you othe river, why didn't you check behind? Betting here looks -EV to me.

TJ
Old 07-01-2005, 03:39 AM

hand 1: FOLD THE TURN!!! You're behind pretty much 100% of the time here and you have no outs.

hand 2: Without a read I'm not ready to fold. I would check-raise the flop to get rid of CO. If he 3-bets it, I call down from there.