Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 12:50 AM

Default OESD on the turn

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. I think I played this one okay until the turn. I just called the flop bet because it was directly to my right and I didn't wanna scare people off. What I wanna know is whether my call on the turn when it was two bets back to me was okay.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (15.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB
Old 06-24-2005, 12:54 AM

Default Re: OESD on the turn

It's ok. I think you can credit yourself the full 8 outs, as MP3 and Button are representing made hands.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:00 AM

Yeah you should be calling all bets with OESD's to the nuts. Just look at what will happen should the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] cruize in....you will take all of their money. Everyone tends to slowdown when the 3rd suited card comes in but it isn't so when a straight filler hits since it is harder to see. You tend to get bigger implied odds on OESD's so you should chase them more freely when it gets expensive (as long as your draw will win if it hits). The other nice thing about them is that you will have the nuts if it hits while a low flush will sometimes lose to a bigger flush and you have to factor that into your implied odds.

In this case, the T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] will not give you the nuts per se but in reality it will since neither of these players will have a flush draw here.

Brad
Old 06-24-2005, 01:14 AM

Turn call is fine. You're getting about 1:6 and you've got 8 outs. Even discounting your outs for the flush possiblity, you're still getting enough odds to call.