Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Re: PL Omaha $20 Final Table ?

Well I see the majority say fold, I wish you all were playing my hand. I talked myself into the call "I have two of the jacks", and he had KJ. Being somewhat weaker in Omaha, I am wondering how you all get off this hand. All advice is appreciated.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are crazy, read the board again.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe this is why im so weak tight [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2005, 11:39 PM

One reason is your read. You say this guy is a rock, meaning this reraise means a real hand. So not a bluff. This does not necessarily mean he has the KJ, but it's certainly a very good chance. Second, if you look at your hand, you have no redraws. If he has KJ you are dead to it. The other possibilities are, if he needs a hand to raise with as you indicated, a set or a very large draw, with a set being unlikely unless it's precisely QQ as he checked the flop. If he has a very large draw, it is probably 2 pair + flush draw which has many outs against you. However it's more likely he plays these passively looking to hit the river.

It's not like it's a bad call, just pretty marginal at best given your read. I might call too in the situation.