Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2004, 02:44 PM

Default Nut flush, and the board is paired

How to handle a situation like this? players are loose in general, no reads till the moment.

Pacific poker micro limits (8 handed)

Hero is UTG+2 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 (Hero) raises, MP folds, MP+1 calls, button folds, SB completes, BB raises,
everybody calls.
(18 SB) flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB bets, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP+1 folds, SB calls.

(10 BB) the turn is the Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB bets, Hero raises, SB folds, BB raises. Hero...??
Old 12-08-2004, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Nut flush, and the board is paired

Caps. You're good here more than enough to raise now and at least once on the river against players I can only assume are horrendous. Expect to see trip J's and lower flushes here a lot more than a boat.

At the level you're at on Pacific I think capping the river is probably fine assuming the board doesn't pair again or trip up.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:51 PM

raise and reraise. for every time youre up against a full house there will be a time your up against trips, an over pair, or just two pair, or even the king high flush. and all those guys in their calling your bets with something else are just the gravy. of course if the board pairs again on the river youre pretty much gonna have to lay it down.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:05 PM

You are first saying that he might very well be up against a small flush, thus should cap and making it a large pot. Then you think he should fold for one more bet on the river if the board pairs again?
Old 12-08-2004, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Caps. You're good here more than enough to raise now and at least once on the river against players I can only assume are horrendous. Expect to see trip J's and lower flushes here a lot more than a boat.

At the level you're at on Pacific I think capping the river is probably fine assuming the board doesn't pair again or trip up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I capped it.
The river was an A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and he bet again. I raised. He reraised. Then I re, re, raised. (CAP)
Was that ok ?
Old 12-08-2004, 03:14 PM

Likely hands that beat you:
JJ: 1
QQ: 3
Total hands: 4

Likely hands that you beat:
AA: 3 (whoops, didn't think of Hero's ace, doesn't change much though)
KK: 6
Add to that he may have flopped trips with AJs or AJo I'll say:
Total hands: 13

As you can see there are alot of more hands he would have played the same that you beat. Ok, it's not as likely he would have 3-betted AA or KK as QQ or JJ. One more thing to consider is that if you're behind, you're out of redraws, while he is not if you're ahead. But the overlap is so huge everybody sees it's a cap here.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:17 PM

Villain might hold AA or KK so he can't fold to one bet at the river, you're right.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:33 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
Likely hands that beat you:
JJ: 1
QQ: 3
Total hands: 4

Likely hands that you beat:
AA: 3
KK: 6
Add to that he may have flopped trips with AJs or AJo I'll say:
Total hands: 13

[/ QUOTE ]

Reffering to my own post here. As you see it would change to:

Hands you beat: 1
Hands that beats you: 14

If he's not a total maniac, I'll not even raise here (in theory). In reality I'll at least raise him.

These kings won't bet and raise anymore, so the only hand you're ahead of here is KQ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], which should have been included from the beginning. (doing these calculations while playing, so correct me if I'm wrong)

Edit: maybe should have added a hand or two for an over over aggro AQ.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are first saying that he might very well be up against a small flush, thus should cap and making it a large pot. Then you think he should fold for one more bet on the river if the board pairs again?

[/ QUOTE ]

actutally i said he was up against trips or two pair or POSSIBLY up against a smaller flush. id say the most likely cards hes up against are a J or a 6. so if you see another J or a 6 you get outta dodge. otherwise i say ram and jam it. sorry if i was unclear. and on the off chance someones in there with just an over pair and the 6 comes and you fold and he wins the pot, well good for him. i would only call in that situation against one player. i dont see two players being in the hand and neither of them holding a J or a 6.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:59 PM

I don't like the PF raise, anyone who calls you could have you dominated. I think you should limp and hope for a multiway pot.

Turn: I think you have to call it down (unless the river double pairs the board), but it's not absurd for someone to have QJ.