Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 10:00 PM

Default Disturbing episode

Ok, this is my first post. Lurked a couple years or so. A really freaky thing happened to me tonight online and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this situation. Riled me up enough to get a login to post.

I'm not sure if it is wrong to mention the site this happened on, so don't jump me too badly. I was on 2 tables at Absolute Poker and 2 tables and Party Poker. I was going back and forth and then went on a really bad run on one table at Absolute. If I had good cards, everyone folded, if I had bad cards, eveyone called. I was going to make a sarcastic remark in the chat, but when I looked the word "bubye" was already there.

I don't see how someone could hack one of the online sites, let alone getting past my McAfee privacy wall. I'm no computer expert, but isn't that supposed to block hackers?

Ok, this is part rant and part curiosity on if anyone else has seen anything like this?

Thanks for any replies.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Disturbing episode

please clarify a little

who said "bubye" and what does it mean?
Old 10-16-2005, 10:10 PM

It was me, I was just playing with you.

Come back!!
Old 10-16-2005, 10:10 PM

Sorry, it was sitting on my chat line. Where I would type in my comment. It was shocking to see it sitting there.

I think I sound crazy. Just wonderin' if I'm the only one.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:15 PM

the chatbox picked up some of the letters from your notes or other typing and coincidentally it spelled out "bubye", a nonsensical word which you have interpreted as meaning something

Edit:

i was playing at a site as i wrote this and i see the letters "pret" now in my chatbox - no doubt someone would have thought i was calling him a prat if i had accidentally posted it

Old 10-16-2005, 10:18 PM

When it's your turn to act at Absolute it steals the focus from whatever window you're currently looking at. So you were probably typing bubye in another window and didn't notice that Absolute poker was now the active program.

No reason to make up crazy hacker theories. You're perfectly safe as long as you're wearing your tinfoil hat and running the latest version of McAfee's anti-brainhacking software. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the chatbox picked up some of the letters from your notes or other typing and coincidentally it spelled out "bubye", a nonsensical word which you have interpreted as meaning something

Edit:

i was playing at a site as i wrote this and i see the letters "pret" now in my chatbox - no doubt someone would have thought i was calling him a prat if i had accidentally posted it

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-16-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Edit:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of all the things I hated about absolute this is the worst. Just moronic. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was going back and forth and then went on a really bad run on one table at Absolute. If I had good cards, everyone folded, if I had bad cards, eveyone called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is quite disturbing you were playing bad cards.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Edit:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of all the things I hated about absolute this is the worst. Just moronic. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

TruePoker does the same thing. I was typing in the password to my email as I was playing and the table got focus as I was doing it, and accidentally transmitted it as chat. Luckily my email password is much different than the password I use for my account on TP.