Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 09:51 PM

Default Q5s in bb vs minraise

late in stars $10 rebuy. 47 left out of 736. blinds 3k / 6k im avg stack at 118k. button has been fairly active with a decent stack but has dwindled it down to 148k. he minraises to 12k on button and its to me in bb with Q5s.

few hands ago, he called utg 4x raise (1/4 his stack) in bb. he lead small on 437 flop and folded to push.

is this an easy call to try to outplay him or just fold and be done with it?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Q5s in bb vs minraise

the easiest way to play it is to fold. How were u thinking of playing it? I don't like reraising here because if you do ur playing for ur stack and should reraise all in preflop and I think you have too much stack for this to be EV. You could maybe call and then lead into him or check raise bluff him etc... But with your stack size, I think I let this go because I'd be committing a lot of my chips with this hand if I were to try and win the pot.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
t You could maybe call and then lead into him or check raise bluff him etc... But with your stack size, I think I let this go because I'd be committing a lot of my chips with this hand if I were to try and win the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah im def not going to reraise. but its so cheap and im getting over 3:1 just to see the flop. if i flop flush draw i could bet small then 3 bet all in, or some other variety to win the pot. lots of other flops give me options too
Old 12-14-2005, 10:33 PM

So you both have 20 BB and he's really bad?

I'm calling this.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:05 PM

It depends on your style and how strong you are in relation to your opponent postflop. Since the miniraise came from the button rather than UTG, it is unlikely to be a big hand. If this guy doesn't usually miniraise, I would still be wary of JJ-AA. However, I would call.