Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who will win?
New England 59 80.82%
Philadelphia 14 19.18%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Pharaoh\'s Club Paulson chips - Pre-Order Thread

What size is the grand inlay? 1" or 1 1/8"?? Is it at all possible to make this inlay a little bigger??
Old 03-15-2005, 09:00 PM

Grand inlay is 1 1/16", but this is likely not offered on the Paulson home chips.

Ten is working on the inlay size & shape details.

J5
Old 03-15-2005, 09:09 PM

Trademark is a retailer. They sell 12 pages of chips sets to the public. The problem is.. the Egyptians would be STIFF competition for their elementary school designed Trademark Paulson's. BORING! If they helped us and held the rest to sell on their site, they'd be stuck with 100,000 (or 250,000) chips with their design. And 1/7 of those are unsellable white $1 chips. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Ten and J5, Great Job! That new blue scarab is sweeeeet! And the Blue Ankh accomplishes exactly what I was looking for in this set. It allows my chip set to handle cash game inflation through the years.

Ten, I'm still in on the buy, at least 1,000 and maybe more, but haven't filled out the promise to pay form yet. I'm waiting for firmer price details and retailer info before commiting to an exact number.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:20 PM

Well said BE. I've been unsuccessful in getting this point acreoss on my own.

Thanks,

Ten

[ QUOTE ]
Wholesalers and retailers serve different purposes. Many companies are structured to work through retailers while others (like Dell computers) are structured to sell direct. Wholesalers who rely on retailers can be sensitive to circumventing their normal distribution channels. On the flip side, retailers who have committed time and money to a wholesaler's product line can get pissed when the wholesaler sells around them to consumers. I operated an industrial supply division for a few years and when one of our manufacturers/vendors sold a large order around us to a customer in our area we simply promoted other product lines harder. Why support a vendor who won't support you was our attitude...especially when we had our money and warehouse space tied up with their products!

Anyway, it would be nice if we can get as few people in the chain as possible but Trademark may not be prepared to handle numerous little transactions associated with this order and all then ensuing post-order customer support related to mis-shipments, off-center labels, etc.

In this case, the retailer may serve an important role which we should appreciate as long as their markup is reasonable. What's reasonable?

100,000 chips at 0.1 per chip markup is $10,000 gross profit. Is this reasonable?

1 full-time person ($35/hour burdened wage rate) spends a week (40 hours) to fill 200 orders which is 25 per day or 3-4 per hour. That's $1,400 and pretty damn conservative IMO.

Lets say 80 additional hours of order support for another $2,800.

Credit card processing - approx 1.5% for phone in orders which is $1,300 assuming a 0.85 chip price. If the retailer types each order into the Internet (unlikely), then credit card processing is about 2.5% or $2,100.

Chip trays $1,000. (saw ten 100 chip acrylic trays for $10 online)

Misc support costs $500 for whatever.

Shipping and handling is usually added to each order to cover mailing and packaging.

Profit/Additional Profit - $3,000

Total Estimated Retailer Cost $10,000 plus shipping which is covered by a 0.10 per chip markup.

So I guess I would be concerned about any retailer wanting more than 0.10 per chip....including trays [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-15-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey 10, I have been trying to keep track of this but haven't noticed whether or not you had gotten confirmation on the concentric circles yet or not. Also is the inlay going to be the size in the image or is it the 7/8" like the JB's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet. That's a bonus if we get them. I forwarded a photo to help persuade them.

BTW, thanks for putting the word out C. I saw a post of your over on Side Pot I think it was, right?

Ten
Old 03-15-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What, exactly, is required of the "retailer" in this equation? (I'M a retailer, for Pete's sake!)

[/ QUOTE ]

So am I for that matter. I'm an established ebay seller, and I've got all the tools necessary to take the credit card sales (via paypal). But what we need is a front-end that is permanant, showing all members peace of mind that they are not giving their money to strangers. An established chip retailer has almost zero chance of "taking the the money" and running, since they have a continuing chip business to run thereafter.

[ QUOTE ]
Heck, I live about 25 minutes away from Trademark Poker/5 Star. If you ever have a need for physical inspection at their warehouse, please ask me for any assistance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man.

Ten
Old 03-15-2005, 10:13 PM

I am trying to decide between custom Pokerchips.com and these Pharaoh Paulsons. I know several of these questions have been asked, but I would like the latest updates, if possible:

We expect the price to be at or just over .90/chip. Is this correct?

Arrival date should be by the end of June?

When -should we expect to see a final design? -do I need to commit? -to pay?

I don't want to be a pain, but I am new to this board and very new to group buys.

Thanks
Leonard
Old 03-15-2005, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am trying to decide between custom Pokerchips.com and these Pharaoh Paulsons. I know several of these questions have been asked, but I would like the latest updates, if possible:

We expect the price to be at or just over .90/chip. Is this correct?

Arrival date should be by the end of June?

When -should we expect to see a final design? -do I need to commit? -to pay?

I don't want to be a pain, but I am new to this board and very new to group buys.

Thanks
Leonard

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the board Leonard. My new estimated price for these chips will be .89 each. Spread the word.

Ten

(no reason. it just looks better)
Old 03-16-2005, 12:17 AM

Might be because it's confusing. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Trademark is the wholesaler, not the retailer at this point. I plan to ask them if they will also vend them but for no real reason at all, I get a feeling that's not going to work out. Gut feeling. I'm definately going to ask them though.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
We MUST buy via Trademark. (or a retail vendor and pay more (Dice702). We MUST go through a retail vendor to do the individual purchases.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-16-2005, 12:23 AM

I just looked at the poll results. It looks like 65 people have claimed that they will in fact purchase some of the Pharaoh's Club Chips.

This is some fuzzy math with some even fuzzier assumptions, but just thought I'd throw in my thoughts:

Let's assume an average purchase is 750 chips, balancing out the 300 chip purchases with the 1500 chip purchases on the conservative side.

750 chips X 65 people = 48,750 chips

So about half-way to our goal, not including obscene orders from people wanting to sell (retailers, Ten, miscellaneous)?

We've still got our work cut out for us, but this seems to be making some progress!

L