Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: No point, just a funny picture. Unless you\'re MEbenhoe.

This post reminds me a lot of what happened with Fermat's Last Theorem.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely fake. Look at how much room there is between the Duke fans and the fans in front of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was referring to originally when I mentioned depth issues. This is the biggest evidence that it is faked.

[/ QUOTE ]
They could be standing on the bench or there could be some sort of section separator there. I'm not sure if its fake or not. The fact that the other pictures on the site are real leads me to believe it's real. My big question is, who took this picture?

[/ QUOTE ]

whered he get the sign, thats the reason I think its fake (that and it looks "funny")
Old 02-28-2005, 12:11 AM

Why its fake:

1. Most obvious reason, "depth issues" as they've been called
2. Look at fatty and look at the girl on his left(your right as you're viewin the pic)

By closely inspecting this we can assume one of two things has to be true:
A. fatty and said girl are in the same row
B. girl is in the row behind fatty

If A is true, fatty would not only likely be standing on girl's feet, but she would also have a faceful of blubber arm. Not something that usually leaves a girl with a nice smiling face.

If B is true, this would mean that there is absolutely no one anywhere near the "duke fans". This is a completely unrealistic possibility as anyone who's ever been in the student section at a major college basketball game would know.

3. Look at where many of the people in the picture are looking. Its a clever picture as most of the people's stares are in the direction of the supposed signs. However, this actual makes it less believable, because if this is true then we are to think that these people are all looking at the back of the signs? doubtful

4. The timing of the picture. For a Duke fan to hold up this sign in the middle of a Maryland crowd it would have to mean Redick or someone else on Duke had just made a big play, but the Maryland fans in the crowd are all happy,even those who wouldn't possibly be able to see the sign.

5. Note the people in front of the signs. If this was actually taking place you'd see a lot of turned heads, yet you see none.

Yeah ok so these are just all opinions. Who knows if its real or not, but if it is real I'd almost guarantee those are Maryland fans in Duke jerseys and that that was a planned stunt.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:20 AM

If you guys would look at the picture closely, all your photoshopped thoughts would dissapear.

There are people directly in front of the sign holder, they are just behind bigger people, you can see their outlines.

Fat guy could be leaning forward etc... I dont think depth issues are a prob
Old 02-28-2005, 01:00 AM

nice try, but no dice. especially after considering the source of the pic.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nice try, but no dice. especially after considering the source of the pic.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
but if it is real I'd almost guarantee those are Maryland fans in Duke jerseys and that that was a planned stunt.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-28-2005, 10:41 AM

This is a funny picture, but it's so Photoshopped that it isn't... even... funny?

wait a minute. that's not really what i meant.

but this is quite Photoshopped. and funny.

Edit: If you look closely you can practically pick apart the different photoshop layers -

-the "front three rows" or so seems to be one layer

-the Duke fans, the "ly gay" kid and (most importantly) the chick who is looking to our left behind the Duke fan with the sign; these four people make up another layer

-the people to the immediate left and right of the above layer (the olive-skinned girl and the Maryland fan looking to our left) and the row behind them (in front of that little divider) and even everything behind THEM (the non-student section people) appear to be the final layer
Old 02-28-2005, 11:45 AM

lots of paranoid conspiracy theorists here. The shadows all line up. If this is photoshopped, then that guy is the best [censored][/b]ing photoshop guy alive ever. He could make a picture of Nixon banging marilyn monroe if he wanted.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If this is photoshopped, then that guy is the best [censored][/b]ing photoshop guy alive ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

while that's a bit of an exaggeration, this does seem like a pretty good photoshop. Look a little bit more closely if you think everything lines up and that there no depth problems. the source photos (however many were used I'm not sure.. at least 2 or 3) are similar in quality, but you can tell it is not all one image.