Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 08:26 AM

Default Re: unfluctuation

It makes the play tricker post flop but raising AK preflop in both of Tommy's hands is standard for NL.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:33 AM

Godforbid a 120 post thread could actually be about poker instead of gossip.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I estimate my current earn rate at shorthanded to be 3BB per hour ....

I made a steady living playing hold'em for 13 years ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming both of these things are true, and there is no reason to believe they are not, how many others have beat the game for what is likely 6BB/100 over a long period of time?

If this is an example of someone who sucks at limit hold 'em, I aspire to suck this badly.

As is true in most professions, it takes a long time to know what you don't know, even when, at the time, you were sure you knew everything...

I'm beginning to wonder if, in taking what is a profitable, but likely marginal situation (e.g., overcards, heads-up, OOP) that goes wrong for whatever reason, results in a bad decision later on (i.e. tilt in whatever form), the net EV is negative because you lose far more than the expectation of the orginal hand.

Worse still, this would be extremely difficult to quantify, or see as a leak. The fact that one hand can effect play on another, subsequent, and assumed unrelated hand, is not being taken into account.

Yet I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone who never tilts, and thus the rational for the play is valid, even if obfuscated by an assumption that everyone takes for granted.

Perhaps OP is trying to point out that not tilting is far more valuable than whatever expectation you give up by playing some hands sub-optimally.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:06 PM

this is sort of a nice mix, with the interesting and controversial post by tommy, then the also interesting (however unlikely) bet for 50,000 thrown in
Old 09-16-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BINGO

there is no way he could be a consistant winning player at those limits.

do NOT buy lessons [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I spent 4 days with Tommy at the Mirage. He's a great guy and a great Coach. As a result of hiring him my winings have gone up substantially and I made the final table of a $1000 Limit HoldEm Tournament. I've been playing for about a year and a half and I highly recommend him. And in a a world filled with assholes he's a great human.

And I watched him for 4 days in person kick ass at the tables. And not in a small way.

By the way, it's unseamly to knock his coaching abilities while promoting you coaching/rakeback deal on this forum.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: WhErE yOu At TsP?

[ QUOTE ]
Scheider and I are up for it and i can arrange schoolwork around a weekend suitable to your client's trial needs...im not goint to be putting up 50k or anything near that but id like to do this if you'd still be willing to wager w/ the devil.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way, if this whole thing goes south because Dcifr isn't putting up the full amount, I'm sure there are a number of people (myself included) that see his side of the equation as a +EV move-and-a-half and would stake X% of it...

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 09-24-2005, 05:07 PM

Default this is my problem as well...

and why i dont reply to many posts. much of my advice would seem weird and maybe just be plain bad. i play mainly in home games now against people ive known for many years. the stuff i do just doesnt make sense.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Re: this is my problem as well...

[ QUOTE ]
and why i dont reply to many posts. much of my advice would seem weird and maybe just be plain bad. i play mainly in home games now against people ive known for many years. the stuff i do just doesnt make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi limon, I just started to play NL heavily. Please post again.
-James