Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Definition of the Stop n Go, I pulled last night

About 25ish left in the party 40k Guaranteed.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t10000 (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP1 (t36864)
<font color="#C00000">MP2 (t8080)</font>
CO (t111352)
Button (t124640)
SB (t42520)
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t30609)</font>
UTG (t29096)
UTG+1 (t41567)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, MP2 is All In for 8080, SB completes, Hero checks. (sidepot ~4000, main pot ~24000)

Flop: (t20000) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero Bets all In, SB folds.

Turn: (t20000) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t20000) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t20000
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: t20000 (t20000), between MP2 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">Pot won by Hero (t20000).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP2 has Qd As (high card, ace).
Hero has 6h Jd (one pair, sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins t20000. </font>
Old 09-04-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Definition of the Stop n Go, I pulled last night

are you riverdave?

and isnt a stop and go where they would call your raise if you pushed PF so you call then push the flop.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:30 PM

No I'm Dogling.

I was pretty sure I was gonna get called by SB if I pushed out of the BB, so w/ someone all in I decided to push the flop. I looked at this as a must win the sidepot at least situation or I'm as good as dead anyway.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:35 PM

How did you finish last night? I watched you for a while, but went to bed when there were about 35 left.

Edit: From the official thread I see you were knocking on the door of anther FT, nice work.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:40 PM

I don't mind the play, but I would consider a stop and go a decision you make preflop -- shall i push this, or shall i call and push the flop? You couldn't make this decision preflop, because you couldn't know that the sb would check. So I would consider this a flop bluff.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:45 PM

its not a stop n go unless ur first to act on the flop.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:09 PM

Stop and go into an almost empty side pot when you have very little chance of winning the main pot so you are reducing the chance that a player will be eliminated!!! Awesome stop'n'go play man, it's especially sweet cause you are second to act, which rarely happens in stop'n'gos but somehow it did for you.

nice to see it worked for you.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stop and go into an almost empty side pot when you have very little chance of winning the main pot so you are reducing the chance that a player will be eliminated!!! Awesome stop'n'go play man, it's especially sweet cause you are second to act, which rarely happens in stop'n'gos but somehow it did for you.

nice to see it worked for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

With 2 blinds after this hand and an SB to pay, considerations of knocking out 1 person when pay structure only goes up when 4 get knocked out go out the window. To me the chance SB folds (which if he had a strong hand he would have pushed PF or Post flop) is worth 1/2 a BB guaranteed when I only have 2. Not to mention I still might have live cards, which I did.

Ok guys, I guess it's technically not a SnG. but point was I made the conscious decision PF when it's checked to me to push any flop rather than push PF b/c it would have more fold equity.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How did you finish last night? I watched you for a while, but went to bed when there were about 35 left.

Edit: From the official thread I see you were knocking on the door of anther FT, nice work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, placed 18. Split with AQs against AQ a few hands before this one. A few hands after this hand I push TT and get called by A5 who hits his A. One or two hands after that I push AJ and get called by 66 who spikes a set and I'm out. Oh well, happens.