Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Re: There\'s a third time for everything

[ QUOTE ]
Ok here I go into Tommy's brain, (not really, probably no one can do that) how does this sound.

I'm in a full game with a couple idiot guys I KNOW I can take their WHOLE stack. I get KK one of the idiot bad players goes all in. I know that 57% I win this hand. Rather than take ANY RISK, I fold knowing that if I get unlucky thats 3K I don't have to win back. I KNOW idiot will give me his stack when he pushes it with the 2nd best hand.

Does that make sense? Tommy was going to get the idiots stack because he is bad. Tommy is not going to lose his stack because of bad luck.

Another "Tommy" thought... Idiot goes all in and gets lucky. Idiot leaves the game.
If idiot is pushing with crap he will push again and get caught.

[/ QUOTE ]
some idiots obviously haven't learned how to read english.

[ QUOTE ]
With rare exception, the opponents I have faced repeatedly for eight years in this player pool are brilliant men. Some of them are full-time poker players. Others are writers and doctors and CEO’s. Without exception, the regulars who you and others here might judge as being “poor players” are capable of sparkling excellence at poker in any given moment.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-12-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: let me splain

So, then, Tommy --

If the day comes when they see you walk to the table, and their eyes show, not just caution, but actual despair -- if they begin to decide not just to let you have pots easily, but to leave the table -- will you felt yourself on purpose?

Do you think that day could ever come?
Old 12-12-2005, 07:54 PM

FF, are you the curly haired kid that sometimes wears blue Yale sweatshirts at Fwoods?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FF, are you the curly haired kid that sometimes wears blue Yale sweatshirts at Fwoods?

[/ QUOTE ]

I normally wear jerseys, but I have been there w/that sweatshirt before. PM me if we know each other.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:38 PM

no we dont know each other, but i remember wondering if you were a 2p2er one night when I played the 5-5 game. This was probably sometime last spring IIRC. I remember one specific hand where you checkraised a late position bet out of the SB on a 567r board and some guy UTG who had limped and checked the flop folded 34s while accidentally flipping over his cards.

you said 'ok i'll show you one time' or something like that and showed 48s (if that in fact was you).
Old 12-12-2005, 10:08 PM

Between the fact that the hand sounds familiar and that I am way too prone to a) play 48 (as per my HU Preview) and b) show cards, I'd say that that was me
Old 12-13-2005, 03:08 PM

For the heck of it I'd just like to know, if this exact same play is made online, is this still an insta call? I've spoken to a very respected 2+2'er (or so he claims) that says online this is a fold, live this is an insta call. Thoughts please?
Old 12-13-2005, 07:19 PM

only thing that justifies a fold here is if tommy's opponents are so smart they KNOW he has a monster in this style of a game (the huge pf raises) when he limps UTG, which is a style of play he might take, raising with his medium strength playable hands TT+ Ak maybe AQs so as to not have to call $200 to see a flop

Tommy is the case? are you possible this predictable to pusher?
Old 12-25-2005, 08:10 PM

Default A second third time for everything?

[ QUOTE ]
KK, folded before the flop
Posted by: Tommy Angelo (Tomium@aol.com)
Posted on: Thursday, 15 March 2001, at 10:56 a.m.

Third time ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the archives.

Hmm. I'm not sure how to explain this, but I bet it's artful.

--Nate