Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-21-2005, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Shortstacks on Party

Yeah, I am really disgusted about this. I e-mailed them a couple months ago, and they basically replied saying they have no intention of changing their minimum buy in, or restricting what you have to buy in for at a table if you were previously there.

This is one thing that I have really grown to love about a couple other sites, that do not allow you to rebuy for an amount less than what you left with.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:41 AM

Maybe you could add in your email the idea of having specific tables with different minimum buy ins with the same blind structure. that way the shorties could buy in short whenever they wantd to and just wouldn't bother you guys at seperate tables. But party could still cater to these people

I think that this idea of having short stack specific tables is cool, and would play like an entirely different game, that would probably be fun on occasion.

However I highly doubt Party would listen though, as it probably isn't a profitable or all that useful idea
Old 11-21-2005, 07:11 AM

For a lag player like me or FSU who like to raise a lot of hands they can get pretty annoying. The little punks sit right behind me b/c they know I like to raise a lot of hands and they pretty much go all in with any pair or ace.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For a lag player like me or FSU who like to raise a lot of hands they can get pretty annoying. The little punks sit right behind me b/c they know I like to raise a lot of hands and they pretty much go all in with any pair or ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too raise a lot of hands....2 words...Ad-just.

The short stacks bring lots of dead money to the games. Most of the time my sessions are determined by how much "love I get from the shorties."

-JP
Old 11-21-2005, 01:13 PM

I'm surprised at all of the hate. Playing against shorties is pretty easy as they are very predictable. Having one at your table just means that you have to make an adjustment. There is nothing unfair or unusual about that. You have to make an adjustment when sitting with a big stack super LAG or an absolute rock. It's part of the game, making adjustments based on how your opponents play. Bitching about how shorties don't let you play your game is just silly. Why should they? They are trying to take your money, just like you are trying to take theirs.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:09 PM

yeah they are, but when they are allowed to sit with such short stacks, and then leave once they double up, thats what upsets me.

btw Good, did you get to that letter yet??

thanks again.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:38 PM

I recently closed my account with Party and am setting up a new one in a few days. But when they asked me why I'm closing it down I told them it was because of the shortstack policy and lack of Disconnect Protection. I doubt it'll make any impact but it was worth a try.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:02 PM

Can you say table stakes.

Let them double and leave if they want. Anything else is unreasonable. How would like it if they put in a rule that if you won 3x the max buy-in you could not leave the table for an hour? Stupid.

But enforce table stakes rules like any B&M does. You pickup and leave, you can not come back to the table for a reasonable period of time unless you bring back exactly what you left with. An hour would be great.

Now the hard part is going to be convincing them that table # XYZ should be treated just like table # ABC. What they are doing is really a table change, and at the vast majority of B&M if you change tables, you have to keep the stakes on the table.

It might be a good idea to get some of the rules on table stakes from some of the major B&M rooms and Roberts Rules of Poker and include them with the letter.