Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Another Boring Stats Post

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The thing that jumps out at me is the win rate you have in level 1 is way way below mine. I am on a new computer and don't have my PT stats but I know that my level 1 win rate is a lot higher than what yours is. If these were my stats I would investigate my strategy in level 1. There are usually 1 or 2 guys just trying their hardest to give away chips, get some.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm struggling with this. The advice in this forum is generally to be very conservatively in the early levels which doesn't leave one well placed to take advantage of the guys who are trying to give their chips away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am giving advice to a guy who already is good and is looking for the next level, hence my advice to loosen up/play differently in the level 1.

The advice that should be given to most players is tighten up early.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Another Boring Stats Post

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The thing that jumps out at me is the win rate you have in level 1 is way way below mine. I am on a new computer and don't have my PT stats but I know that my level 1 win rate is a lot higher than what yours is. If these were my stats I would investigate my strategy in level 1. There are usually 1 or 2 guys just trying their hardest to give away chips, get some.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm struggling with this. The advice in this forum is generally to be very conservatively in the early levels which doesn't leave one well placed to take advantage of the guys who are trying to give their chips away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am giving advice to a guy who already is good and is looking for the next level, hence my advice to loosen up/play differently in the level 1.

The advice that should be given to most players is tighten up early.

[/ QUOTE ]I didn't mean that I doubted your advice, but rather that I am struggling with finding the right balance between loosening up enough to take advantage and playing conservatively enough to survive to the money.