Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 07:24 PM

Default 200-- Aces in trouble

I open in early position for $8 with black aces and get called by MP1($130), MP2($125) and BB($100).

The flop is a gorgeous 579 and 2 clubs. Having raised a little small preflop(because I am out of position and first to enter), I am not anxious to make a continuation bet, and have to call an all in(because of all the possible draws and bluffs), so I elect to check.

Checked to the last guy who bets $10 into a $30 pot. The BB calls. I decided that these represented scared bets, and that given the action I was probably ahead, so I checkraised to $50. The first limper(who had originally checked), now moves in for $125, and everyone folds, so its $75 to me in a $220 pot, and I folded.

I'd like to get some feedback on the flop check(and checkraise), given the dangerous board, as well as the fold on the flop getting nearly 3-1(at the time I think I thought it was 2-1).

Thanks,
Jason
Old 11-25-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: 200-- Aces in trouble

PF- raise 5x for value and to isolate. lead the flop for close to pot and if raised consider who the villain is.

You didn't provide much information on the villain but I think its possible to fold. But for $50 more in a $200 pot definately call 4:1 is supppper.

edit: when you're playing short-stack poker you certainly need to call.

why didn't you reload?
Old 11-26-2005, 04:39 AM

This was 200 NL and I had everyone covered(I had ~250). So you're saying I should call 125 if it comes to that in a 4 way pot having only put in 8 preflop? Note that the guy who moved me in checked in the cutoff and then checkraised me, when I checkraised 2 others(and raised preflop). That being said, I was still getting pretty good odds.

Old 11-26-2005, 05:12 AM

i would probably raise more PF because of your position.

now your faced with ~3 to 1 to call his all in. do you have any reads?

i dont know if i am getting away from this. what hands do you put him on? do you see a possible 2 pair? i would call hoping he is on a draw.