Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Re: phil hellmuth\'s big laydown

[ QUOTE ]
This is incorrect. It was at the featured table, and it was 1B. He busted on 1B. Also, it was A44.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i was shocked they didnt show any of phils hands. some of those hands when negreanu was shortstacked were real boring
Old 10-12-2005, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is incorrect. It was at the featured table, and it was 1B. He busted on 1B. Also, it was A44.

[/ QUOTE ]

darn i thought he busted on day 2.... i would have liked to have seen that... bummer...

EDIT: However, I did think the Sammy and DN footage was absolutely great.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:18 AM

Maybe they're saving the Phil stuff for another episode, maybe there was so much good day 1b footage that they decided to split it into two episodes.

This also explains why the announcers said that day one was "split into several sessions" (at least, that's what I thought I heard them say...) instead of saying it was split into three days.

Come on, ESPN probably had a camera guy dedicated to following Phil to the bathroom. There's no way they're going to miss airing Phil making "classic laydowns" like that.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:30 PM

Did hellmuth show AK. If he just said thats what he had, he was probably lying then
Old 10-12-2005, 08:22 PM

Phil played day 1b. His AK hand was on the feature table for tv. I believe they have more footage from day 1b because you will probably see me getting busted by Phil when he had AA against my KK. Phil also busted at the end of day 1b. Hopefully they'll show him getting put all in by KJ when he had AK and KJ man spiked a Jack on the river and Phil went ballistic.

Bruce
Old 10-12-2005, 09:01 PM

At the end of the 2nd show, they did a recap of who's busted out and who's still in, and they had Phil still alive. Maybe they are saving his bustout hand to use at the start of the 3rd show for some reason.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the end of the 2nd show, they did a recap of who's busted out and who's still in, and they had Phil still alive. Maybe they are saving his bustout hand to use at the start of the 3rd show for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it wouldnt be below ESPN to pretend that Phil made it to day 2
Old 10-12-2005, 10:31 PM

yeah the negranu and farha stuff was pretty good. so they gave those two a whole episode. i imagine phil will get a half hour at least at the feature table. i think the third days feature table had marcel luske, maybe he busted quick or no entertaining hands.